Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excerpts from the journal of "Roster of the Fallen"
Excerpts from the journal of "Roster of the Fallen"
First page
[Hasty handwriting] Char-Lisa  Hero ID number: 2007082347-FFS
[Later addition in much neater handwriting]
Security Level 22 short-range pyrokinetic. Gave up her life to save 27 students of Galaxy City Regional High School during the first wave of the second Rikti Invasion, myself included.
several similar entries, detailing heroes who have fallen in the line of duty
Several blank pages before the next set of entries
Ghost Widow FC Intelligence file 2005103102-DDD
Threat Level 54 spectral entity. [shaky handwriting] Never again.
The rest of the "Patrons" are listed in similar fashion, followed by more villains and then some blank pages
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

29AUG2008

Well. I suppose I should keep track of this in a NONMAGICAL MUNDANE JOURNAL picked up from a stationery store FAR from Miss "Whoops" Azuria.
MAGI's finally let me out of their testing circles and now I'm my very own Registered Hero: Roster of the Fallen. Admittedly, I get strange looks from
some of the other heroes for how my "face" doesn't seem as somber as some would think.

It's all because of Char-Lisa. I started out with her abilities, so the suits at City Hall are limiting me to her form or other similar heroes from the
records until I've "hit the big time." Apparently they're worried I'll turn out whacky like some other "high functionality
shapeshifter." They've even told me to watch out for "The Malt Shoppe" or some other utterly stupid villain group name. And this guy I'm
supposed to meet in Peregrine Island, Svenson? Rubidian? I know it's some sort of reddish color...

30AUG2008

Oh. My. God. I'm in the Legendary! The LEGENDARY. Momma, your little Kris is a bona fide HERO now! Frenetic "call me Fren" Sublimation did the
honors, and did a bit of introductions around the base. Though telling him about my experiences since That Day seem to have made him angry... I'm still
kinda miffed myself. After all one's sense of self is kinda fragile as a teenager and those WonderMages put me through so many paces and other heroes'
forms that I'm still not quite sure whether Kris is short for Kristopher or Kristine... Aw geeze, some poor lady was getting dragged off by Vahz zombies. I
HATE those things. At least I saved her...
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat

-- James Nicoll

02SEP2008

Gah. School sucks. Never mind that to keep Freedom Corps happy I have to stay in one form for it, and they picked "Char-Lisa's" civilian form.
Well, it's familiar enough, I guess. Just wish I could figure out how to turn back into "myself." Anyway, due to the change they decided to start
me at a new school, Atlas Park Regional. It's not too bad, I guess. Still haven't sorted out the cliques as such...

-- James Nicoll