Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Comic well underway
Next Comic well underway
The next Tales of the Legendary is well and truly underway.

I had originally intended issue 9 to be a dark noir outing featuring copious ninjas.

That will have to be pushed back, sorry Fox; I can hint at some ninjas though...

I ran a tabletop RPG (Marvel) this past weekend. As part of this, I had to create a few illo sheets of NPCs. As I create them in Poser now, it means that I
have a nice set of villains to run with.

Thus the next comic will feature many of these holiday flavored baddies - double appropriate as the winter event has kicked off again. Unfortunately the
Sentai Team 'Elf Force Five' will not be appearing this time around. I may have to use them later. As an extra bonus, the whole comic is actually
written (I tend to write plot in advance - dialog on the fly). In this case I needed to write everything in advance; the reasons will soon be obvious.

As I don't need to make any new models for this one (okay - one or two - I had to create a pair of drunken scientists this morning) - I expect things to
fly forward.

Shayne

You had asked about Cosmic Pigeon - so here he is in a nutshell.

He is an ordinary-looking pigeon who migrated from New York with his flock in search of bread and statues to poop on. They found that Paragon City had a
plethora of both, however paradise comes at a price. While exploring Faultline with his brothers and sisters, they were targeted by a bored group of Arachnos
soldiers looking for some "easy" target practice. Cosmic Pigeon was the lone survivor of this onslaught and has committed himself to destroy, or at
least poop on, every Arachnos he comes across. The Pigeon God, Provider of Black Mustangs Parked Under Street Lamps, took pity on his charge and imbued him
with the Great Pigeon Powers of Eye Lasers and Destruction to aid him in his quest.

Despite him being a PB in game mechanics, he's not a Kheldian. When he goes "squid", he just turns into a really big, ugly-looking pigeon with
energy tendrils and glowing poopies.

As far as his personality, he seems to be quite intelligent for a pigeon, and indeed seems to understand English - despite not being able to speak it. He's
committed to destroying Arachnos and the forces of evil, driven by the guilt of being the lone survivor of his family. He has a fear of catgirls - rightly so.
He generally sees himself as being a "Lone Pigeon", but will never turn down help if offered, nor will he pass up a chance to poop on the heads of
his enemies with a few allies should they ask. Being the street-wise New Yorker he is, he seems to revel in getting into scuffles and taunting others in the
name of fun. And of course, if any of his fellow pigeons get messed with, they face the wrath of the Pigeon God's Chosen One.

As far as why he hangs with the Legendary...it's as easy as feeding pigeons in the park.

Quote: alaskanime wrote:

You had asked about Cosmic Pigeon - so here he is in a nutshell.

He is an ordinary-looking pigeon who migrated from New York with his flock in search of bread and statues to poop on. They found that Paragon City had a
plethora of both, however paradise comes at a price. While exploring Faultline with his brothers and sisters, they were targeted by a bored group of Arachnos
soldiers looking for some "easy" target practice. Cosmic Pigeon was the lone survivor of this onslaught and has committed himself to destroy, or at
least poop on, every Arachnos he comes across. The Pigeon God, Provider of Black Mustangs Parked Under Street Lamps, took pity on his charge and imbued him
with the Great Pigeon Powers of Eye Lasers and Destruction to aid him in his quest.

Despite him being a PB in game mechanics, he's not a Kheldian. When he goes "squid", he just turns into a really big, ugly-looking pigeon with
energy tendrils and glowing poopies.

As far as his personality, he seems to be quite intelligent for a pigeon, and indeed seems to understand English - despite not being able to speak it.
He's committed to destroying Arachnos and the forces of evil, driven by the guilt of being the lone survivor of his family. He has a fear of catgirls -
rightly so. He generally sees himself as being a "Lone Pigeon", but will never turn down help if offered, nor will he pass up a chance to poop on
the heads of his enemies with a few allies should they ask. Being the street-wise New Yorker he is, he seems to revel in getting into scuffles and taunting
others in the name of fun. And of course, if any of his fellow pigeons get messed with, they face the wrath of the Pigeon God's Chosen One.

As far as why he hangs with the Legendary...it's as easy as feeding pigeons in the park.
PS: There is also a Celestial Pigeon, same loner type, rarely seen but in party with Cosmic.

Kyriel the Fury just happened to be in the right spot at the wrong time, and had wings. She keeps breadcrumbs handy to distract her 'flock leader'
whenever the pigeon is about. She's not even from the same pantheon, fer cryin' out loud, and next time someone asks if she wants to join a
supergroup, she's going to insist that it not be named 'Guano Patina Force'.

Seriously, it's hard to be an burning dark embodiment of vengeance when everyone's giggling madly at the name of your supergroup.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

Quote: Sofaspud wrote:

Kyriel the Fury just happened to be in the right spot at the wrong time, and had wings. She keeps breadcrumbs handy to distract her 'flock leader'
whenever the pigeon is about. She's not even from the same pantheon, fer cryin' out loud, and next time someone asks if she wants to join a
supergroup, she's going to insist that it not be named 'Guano Patina Force'.

Seriously, it's hard to be an burning dark embodiment of vengeance when everyone's giggling madly at the name of your supergroup.
Think of it as an opportunity to show that you ARE the Dark Embodiment of Vengance when you burn the smiles off their faces Wink

Ah, but hers is Righteous Vengeance, retribution against capital-E Evil. Giggling at her and calling her names barely scores a mark in the Somewhat Naughty
column. So best she can do is shoot them a Withering Glare, which sounds impressive but considering that she's all of 5'5" and 100 pounds soaking
wet, and only those who have it coming can see her Scary Battle Form, well... it's not much of a glare.

Glare. GLARE. See? Are YOU likely to stop laughing now? Yeah, thought not.

*grin*

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
Pidgies
Thanks, I will see about working Cosmic Pidgeon into an upcoming comic and should have model posted sometime over the holiday season.

The new comic just his 27 pages, with two more segments left to do.

It just keeps getting more and more bizzare - I just finished the Jackie sequence; it might well leave a crick in Alistaire's neck.

Interstellar Pigeon, well..

Standard Kheldian mergance, REALLY badly timed deflection on the part of a rikti drone fleeing someone, and.. well, there was this pigeon, see...
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies