Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm truly disappointed
I'm truly disappointed
Last night Uni and I were finishing up the Faultline arc -- the PsychoChronoMetron, whee! As usual, the fight against Sands was intense, interesting, and a
heckuva challenge. It was a close thing at times, but we made it.

Then the final mish, the three-way mashup with three EBs. Having done it several times before, I was giggling madly while describing the fun to be had to Uni
(who had never run it). We gathered a couple compatriots from the ranks of the Legendary and hit the mish.

A little over a minute later, the dust was settling. We had won.

Now, I've run this solo, with the same team size we had last night (4), and with a full 8-man team, and several in between. The last time I ran it was
before I12. Every time I've run it before, it's been -hard- to nail all three bosses (Nocturne, Castillo, and Sands). This time... well, not so much.

Is it just that we're that awesome? Was it nerfed? Have I just been (un?)lucky before? It was a major let-down. Sad

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

Agreed - I was all geared up in my brain for EPIC BATTLE.

and I stomped Sands like a bad habit 8 (
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

I totally agree, I was really disappointed by the last mission.

I thought that the previous mission would be the last one (the one where you destroy the subs and take down Sands) and found out that it wasn't (Me:
"Whew, glad that's over!" Spud: "It's not." Me: "Wait, what?!" Spud: *grin*). So I chat with Agent G, Spud goes on a
recruiting spree, and we all get psyched up to go into the last mission.

By the time I actually load into the mission, Nocturne and Castillo are already gone, and Sands is down to about 1/4 health. 2 shots from Lost Sabre, and
he's gone too before I even get a chance to blink.

All that's left is cleaning the rabble up around Penelope which takes no longer than 30 seconds, and she runs off to her Daddy's shop and it's
over.

The ride was fun and all, but the ending left me wanting more. I honestly would have been happier had the mission ended on the previous run with Arbiter Sands.

smells like the reverse of the giant psionic spider - if you don't get the spider down to EB levels, it will pwninate you.

if you don't get the AV Trifecta up to AV levels.. you will pwn it.

I didn't even get to nom the delicious reds I had 8 (
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

y'know, you may have a point there... it probably would have been much much more fun had the 3 of them been AVs.

And I have taken down the Jade Spider as an AV on an 8 man team... Incurred about a quarter million debt during that one mission, but I feel like our group
really ACCOMPLISHED something. That was epic...