Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's Up With The Little Legendary?
Meet Professor Phineas Geerz
So, in order to help design the base for the Academy, I've been asked to make a new hero to use as a teacher. So, borrowing a build concept from
another hero I came across, I'd like to introduce Professor Phineas Geerz, A.K.A. Gearbox (Retired).

I took the liberty of using the headmaster in the backstory briefly, but things can be editted if needs be.

BTW, this is a rough draft as I'm typing this between calls and just want to get something down "on paper".

While a family man and father of 2, Geerz was also a dangerous criminal per the public back in the 50s. A technological genius ahead of the times, Geerz
created numerous devices which he used to hunt down the criminals of that era. Partial to the use of firearms and other dangerous devices, he would use them
against those he believed deserved it, fighting his own war against corruption and those who would defend them (including those pesky capes). He believed the
system would never properly punish those who deserved it and would dole out his version of justice, letting the punishment fit the crime, so to speak. Against
some, he would destroy what they owned while others would meet their fate at barrel of his gun or the warmth of his explosives. Given his use of lethal force
against criminal and hero (When they defended the criminals from his form of justice) alike (Though never against the public), the public deemed him a menace
to society; a cross he gladly bore as he continued his lethal crime hunt.

Unfortunately, fate would take an unfortunate turn as during an attack against a group of mafioso at their favorite local restaurant, one of Geerz's
devices went berzerk. The mafioso he was targetting were wanted for human trafficing and fairly lethal protection racketeering. He felt the only true
punishment for them was death. He tossed in one of his recently made turret devices that should have only targetted the criminals inside. Instead, as he
activated the device, something went wrong and the turret started targetting everyone inside, including, unknwon to him at the time, his wife and children.

There were 15 confirmed dead, 4 severely injured. Paniced at the sudden massacre by his hands, Geerz fled the scene before the police arrived. Having
never taken an innocent's life and unsure what to do, Geerz fled home only to discover what path he then had to follow.

When he returned home that night and found a note from his wife stating that she had taken the kids out to eat since he was "working late". She
had apparently taken them to the same restaurant he was just at. His mind was overcome by the grief, panic, saddnes that washed over him as he realized he had
just killed his entire family. Numb from shock and not even bothing to change out of his costume, Geerz walked to the nearest police station and turned
himself in.

The trial was swift, despite those who protested stating Geerz was doing what the law could not. He publicly apologized for his actions stating that prison
time was what he deserved and he would comply with the ruling. It would be almost 50 years before he would see freedom once more.

During his time in prison, Geerz became a changed man. He worked towards becoming a teacher, hoping that he could educate the next generation how to better
use their abilities. He also worked towards improving his technical skills (under supervision). During the Zig riots, Geerz did what he could to aid the
guards while remaining within the confines of the jail, despite the temptations to escape.

Eventually, due to time served, his excellent behavior and services done while in jail, Geerz was eventually given early parole, almost 50 years later.
Still eager to redeem himself despite his age, Geerz went about inventing a new identity for himself. He wished to still try and do hero work, but refused to
fall into his old habits and vowed not to kill. He built himself a new suit and collection of non-lethal gadgets, hoping to rely on the physical training
regeme he put himself through while serving his time.

Unfortunately, he was denied several times for a new superhero license. It was then he met Eljay (? I get the name right?), he head of the new Legendary
Academy. Impressed by the man's perseverance and desire to do right in the world, Eljay offered the man a position on staff as technical supervisor and
shop class teacher. Seeing a chance to help the youth of today avoid the same mistakes he made, Geerz accepted.

His build will be based on a Assault Rifle/Devices Blaster. However, given the fact that he's given up killing, the build will focus only on devices as
well as Medicine, Fitness, Jumping, Fighting, and eventually Munitions Mastery. I saw someone with a version of this build a while ago and thought it was not
only an interesting build (up to lvl 17 that he was at), but also an interesting challenge. His only attacks would be based on the fighting tree, Brawl, Mu,
and Jump Kick.

Does something like this fit the bill Fox?