Issue 19 details ae up
Issue 19 details ae up
And they sound tasty. 
http://www.cityofheroes.com/news/game_u ... rview.html

Issue 19: Alpha Strike!

The Issue 19 Overview page is up!

http://www.cityofheroes.c...9/issue_19_overview.html

Issue 19: Alpha Strike Overview

The newest City of Heroes® issue, Issue 19: Alpha Strike, primes players for the new Incarnate system for high-level characters while providing more Task Forces and events that reveal the unfolding Praetorian invasion storyline, alternate animations for character powers, and other game enhancements.

The Alpha Slot

Issue 19 unveils the long-awaited Alpha Slot*, the first part of the new Incarnate* system that gives high-level characters access to new powers and challenges. Unlocking the Alpha Slot is no easy task. Players must first learn what it means to exceed the definition of Hero or Villain to become an Incarnate. Mender Ramiel in Ouroboros guides players on this journey.

Two New Task Forces

Challenges already await new Incarnates. The Praetorians have begun their invasion of Primal Earth. Protecting Paragon City™ and the Rogue Isles™ from such overwhelming forces requires the greatest Heroes and Villains to work together. Two familiar faces will help in stopping the invasion: Apex and Tin Mage.

Apex Task Force*: Apex has joined the Vanguard, and he helps organize your team of Incarnates to stop the Praetorian initial assault. Face off against the Anti-Matter Clockwork, War Walkers, and the Arch-Villain Battle Maiden before they can destroy Paragon City. If you succeed in this battle, the war is yet to be won.

Tin Mage Task Force*: The lost hero Tin Mage has returned to help coordinate an assault into Praetoria to stop the invasion cold. Your team strikes into the very heart of Nova Praetoria to confront Neuron, Bobcat, and a Praetorian army.

New Auras

Issue 19 includes two free auras for all City of Heroes players. These auras are customizable.

Fireflies - Your character can be surrounded by glowing, tintable fireflies.

Snow - Celebrate winter and be showered by snow.

Praetoria Zone Events*

Live events in Praetoria in which your Resistance or Loyalist character can participate:

The Protest (Nova Praetoria): The angry citizens of Praetoria are staging a protest in Nova Praetoria. Will you join them or shut them down?

Syndicate Takedown (Imperial City): The PPD has found a cell of the Syndicate in the Agilecorp building. The two forces are at a standoff at the base of the building. If you hurry you can capture one of the Syndicate's leaders.

The Great Escape (Neutropolis): One of the Failed Experiments has remained lucid and sane, and appears to have the ability to influence other Ghouls. Informants say he is eager to aid the Resistance in its war against the regime. Will you aid him in his escape? Or will you hunt him down now that he has escaped?

Fitness Power Pool is Inherent

The Fitness power pool is now an inherent power pool available to all new and existing characters starting from Level 1. Players can freely choose between any or all of the Fitness powers for available character power slots. These powers can be slotted and will accept the appropriate Enhancements.

Alternate Power Animations

Now players can customize the animation for some characters' powers. Shoot a Psychic Blast or even launch a Fire Breath from your character's hands. Hurl an attack from one or both hands. Select the animations and customize how a character fires off its powers at any Tailor.

The following powers have alternate animation choices:

Primary Sets: Dark Blast, Electric Blast, Energy Blast, Fire Blast, Radiation Blast, Ice Blast, Sonic Blast, Mind Blast.

Secondary Sets: Psionic Assault, Sonic Resonance, Icy Assault, Fiery Assault, Mental Manipulation, Energy Assault, Electricity Manipulation, Integration.

Primal Earth Characters Can Enter Praetoria

Non-Praetorians can journey to Praetoria* through Pocket D.

More Tip and Morality Missions

All City of Heroes characters can play and enjoy more Tip missions, while City of Heroes Going Rogue™ characters can choose from more missions* that impact a character's alignment.

Other Enhancements

New Badges: We've added new Exploration badges for hazard zones.

Merged Monorails and Ferries: The Transit Authorities in Paragon City and the Rogue Isles have made major improvements to the monorail and ferry system by merging their respective routes. All monorails can now travel to every monorail station on the Green and Yellow Line, while all ferries can now travel to every ferry station in the Rogue Isles.

Mission Architect Enhancements: The Tunnels and Tech map sets are now available in Mission Architect. You can now also select the Praetorian Clockwork, Destroyers, Resistance, Praetoria Police Department, Seers, Ghouls, and the Syndicate as Mission Architect NPC groups.

*Requires the City of Heroes Going Rogue expansion.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Snow - Celebrate winter and be showered by snow.

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I am NOT TEMPTED. I am BUYING A WELDER. I will be BUSY.

This gets an overall 'Meh' from me.

Okay, it looks like the entire fitness pool at level 2. (Or am I reading that wrong?) And the all-tram, all-ferry option is great

But other than that its just a couple new Task Forces, more costume(and power) options, and new tip missions. All right, there's the new 'Missions' in Ambushtoria, but I'm not running a toon back through there for awhile. Especially since after three runs, I'm so tired of all the ambushes that I'm keeping the new name for the place.

Anyone else see something really special in this issue that I missed?

drogan niteflier Wrote:This gets an overall 'Meh' from me.

Okay, it looks like the entire fitness pool at level 2. (Or am I reading that wrong?) And the all-tram, all-ferry option is great

But other than that its just a couple new Task Forces, more costume(and power) options, and new tip missions. All right, there's the new 'Missions' in Ambushtoria, but I'm not running a toon back through there for awhile. Especially since after three runs, I'm so tired of all the ambushes that I'm keeping the new name for the place.

Anyone else see something really special in this issue that I missed?
Given you covered just about everything CoX has for content except IO recipes and blueside zone events, then I'm honestly missing what new content WOULD be non-Meh. :lol

There's the whole Alpha Slot thing(which has its own arc), but other than that one arc, there's no non-TF/Praet normal arc content, yes. But given everything else in there(on the heels of a major expansion), I'm kind of wondering what's left that WOULD get more than a meh reaction after that list. :lol
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

I dunno, I'd expect a free month -- or better, a free month per vet reward you've earned, that'd be more like it.
And mounts.  It's about time CoX got out of the stone age and gave us mounts.  Motorcycles, hoverboards, horses, you name it.
Also, weather effects.  Because those affect gameplay SO much, and god knows they haven't given us any new gameplay in, like, forever.  A little rain would make Striga SO much better, I think.
Until they cough those up, for free, of course, then 'meh' is all they're getting from me, too.  *firm nod*

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

Okay, I see the sarcasm. My point was that I see nothing really *new* aside from a couple TFs. Tip missions are nice, but unless they double or triple the current amount, I'll get readily tired of them very quickly. Power animations don't affect me, since I see maybe one that I use. I'm happy with my current auras.

It could be that I'm just getting bored of the game again. It happens.

Well unlike you 'meh' people I"m looking forward to having Fitness made inherent, that'll give me more power selections to play with, so thats a win for me right there. I'm personally frothing at the mouth for the incarnate content. The Interconnected Tram's is made of win and about time IMO.

Free months? ..thats just being greedy and you know it. I'm personally Meh about mounts, and definite hell no for weather effects unless I can turn em off.

also.. *Steals most of Wire's money so he can't afford a welder...so he's forced to play COH for winter*

Welder money are stolen, reclassified Welder as a 'Need', vs a 'Want', welder purchase proceeds as planned, trip to Canada for Terrence Batting scheduled for spring 2011.

NYEAHHHHHHH

New tip missions, new TFs, the ability to customize powers even more, only one train system, zone events in Praetoria, new badges, new auras, and Ouroboros is going DOWN.

I'm sold.

And it's not like we're paying for all this new stuff -- it's an issue, after all. Anything new is non-meh in my book.

However, I suppose it's pointless to try to level Princess Evangelia to 50 in Praetoria now -- if Primal toons can go there, she won't be all that unusual.
ETA:  Weather, mounts, etc.:  It may just be a matter of waiting.  Flashbacks were a "want" when I first got into the game.  Now they're old hat.  My wants?  I'd like to see:
A Quarterstaff power for melee ATs. 
Some goofy costume pieces (cookpot  helmet, long johns, towel/flour sack cape). 
More alternate forms for the various weapons. 
Selectable hair styles under hats.
More "normal" faces.
A customizable nemesis system like Champs Online has as an option for those who one, perhaps implemented as a power pool.
A "Pet" power pool so you can have your own Krypto or Sparky or Beppo if you want.  (Weaker than MM or Troller pets, obviously, but still...)
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Hell, I'd just like them making the darn flower print shirt available in the CC.

And I did find the SS of Ouroborous surrounded by Lucasa tentacles really innnnteresting. Cept for Maybe Min or Kim, cause they both wear skirts and everyone knows skirts Vs tentacles is baaaad juju
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Quote:The Fitness power pool is now an inherent power pool available to all new and existing characters starting from Level 1. Players can freely choose between any or all of the Fitness powers for available character power slots. These powers can be slotted and will accept the appropriate Enhancements.

I'm not sure, but that sounds to me sort of like "You still have to spend slots on the powers you want, but you don't have to use a pool pick or go through the prereq chain". Which, if it's correct, still sounds good to me.

Quote:Cept for Maybe Min or Kim, cause they both wear skirts and everyone knows skirts Vs tentacles is baaaad juju

... Why am I the only one who isn't worried by tentacles?

-Morgan. Nine foot pink reinforced concrete heart > tentacles. Or there's swords, if you're in a hurry...

Nah Castle clarified that on a thread regarding that very issue. Fitness -is- inherent. you don't have to spend -any- power choices on it. You get all of the fitness powers at level 2.

*snoopy dance*
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

All at level 2? That's... weird. I'd expect them to come in one at a time, staggered by a few levels between them. But to dump all of them on you at level 2?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Good. I can dump an endurance mod in fitness from the word go and not bleed blue as much Smile

now give me a live date and an updated Mids and I can be happier.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]