Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halloween Overload
Halloween Overload
Just a few minutes ago I got dumped from Virtue -- and as far as I can tell from both trying to log back in and from trying to reach the COH website to see the server status, it looks like the first night of Halloween just crashed everything at NCSoft all the way down to the calculator in the third assistant accounting clerk's bottom drawer.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

holy shit, i thought it was just my system hicuping... so hands up those that got hit by the uber crash.

*Poit-Rais'd hand so gaz'd upon now....*
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

... sounds like I did good with napping off that headache instead of trying to log right in.

I didnt get any of that cause I didnt get on till after 9pm my time (midnight for you east coasters)
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Any sign that the extra costume slot is available in Pretoria?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

The extra slot has been available for several days, at least -- since the last update before this one.  Take ye your Halloween salvage to the Witch, who Lives on the Bluff.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

Yay!
Note to self, get CoH installed and patched tonight.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Okay, laptop is up and running, windows updates installed, anti-virus and anti-spyware installed. Time for CoH download. See you in 12 hours...
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Sigh. With a freshly formatted machine I can get onto Blueside just fine... but can't get into Pretoria.

The client crashes immediately after I click on the 'go to pretoria' button at the end of chargen.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Without intending to sound snide, I think available evidence suggests that it's something on your end, considering nobody else (on all our wide variety of hardware) is experiencing that. Big Grin  (Or if we are, we're not saying anything... it's a conspiracy!)
It's possible it's Ultra Mode graphics.  What video setup do you have?  You might try lowering the graphics settings.  Praetoria is very graphics intensive in Ultra Mode, even more so than the regular areas (which got upgrades as well).

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

Quote:(Or if we are, we're not saying anything... it's a conspiracy!)
  *sends the Black Sedans to Spuds* Tongue