Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aaargh!
Aaargh!
Both Nogi and Original Foxboy are in "Client Freeze" loops. Hopefully it will clear up when Ish 19 hits. Sad
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

yeow, i realy hope that gets fixed fox.

What exactly is a "client freeze"? It's not your entire account that's frozen?

normaly Client Freeze happens after a crash. you go to log that toon on and it either says they are still logged on, or it will just out right crash.

had it happen a while back and couldn't log the toon for a few days

In this case it's a new "Undocumented Feature" of the latest NVidia drivers interacting with the Contact window and Costumes window. It stalls on one frame nad hte client goes unresponsive if I open either on a toon... I'm hoping a fix I have will take care of it... cross your fingers
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat

-- James Nicoll

Got it taken care of. Oy.

-- James Nicoll

Woulda been on Sunday night, but my ISP decided to get its DNS access borked.

-- James Nicoll

I'll join you in that "aaargh!" Log out for 2 hours and come back and I can't get in. Poke around and find out that my account has been suspended. Just after getting the Enduring vet reward as well. If I'm its because I helped Baseload on that Freak Farm or that I'm accused of PLing a toon... I'll be most annoyed. Either that or they think my account has been de Haxxed.
Of course this never happens during Office Hours... *grumble*

..If you got suspended for Helping base on my freak farm..I'd be -amazed- seeing as it was my farm and I've helped people numerous times pl their toons..soo I really don't think its that. The hacked part? that's a possibility.

Actually, I just got perma-banned myself. No email or reason given. I just emailed Support to find out what the eff is going on.

Checked my account, I'm still fine.
MS, did you ever mass Monkey Farm? I'm wondering if they're cracking down on the Monkey Farms.

If they ARE cracking down, then they are missing some folks. I ran only one toon up to 35 and stopped there. I did the same with Sil back when Meow Missions were the thing, no block there. Sil and Erde were the only two toons I've ever farmed levels on like that.

If it is PL thats getting hit, I may be next, Blighted Blade got around 10 levels from that. >.> *knocks on wood.*

No, I never did the PLing thing. And if they say that little bit of what we did with TK was PLing I am going to be even more annoyed. As is, I am seriously annoyed now. Its approaching 24 hours and I haven't heard Boo from Support. And being in Australia the hours that the phone line is open is 4AM-9AM... most of which I'm asleep or rather busy with other stuff.

And Issue 19 is released really soon.

If I had some email or warning or dialog I could argue my case. I have logs of all my activities, but I can't even tell them this as the Silence is Deafening.

this happend To MadMatt a while back, took him a while to find out what happend, i think he got haked.

Well. After hearing about this, I went and checked my account.

Apparently, not only is my CoH account under suspension, so is my master NCsoft account.

Anybody have any ideas whats going on?

wow..really? has anybody been looking at the official forums to see who else is having this problem? Now I'm getting worried.

From what i've gotten on the forums it seems like your monkey farm was a significant AE exploit so they may have dinged you on that Base. As for you Nite?....I don't have the slightest idea..neither for you Micro unless you had been with base on a monkey run or 2 *ponders*
Edit:adding a link to the thread i've been browsing through. Make of it what you will.
http://tinyurl.com/2enbrw6

Heard from Bob (Baseload). His account was hacked. He's sending info to NCSoft to reverify his acct info and get it unbanned.

Er...What he said

Well at least he got a reply out them. I've put in two tickets, the second one linking back to the first, a message via twitter to the support people and all I have is the Computer generated reply on how to use serial codes. The Silence is Deafening.
If I don't get a response from a *human*... while I won't rage-quit, but you have any idea how expensive it is to ring internationally on a Mobile?
*Grumbles about time zone differences and general injustices*
Edit: I avoided the AE like the plague after trying my hand at writing a few missions when it first came in... to avoid getting hit with the Banhammer for exploits and I don't even know what you mean by a monkey run or 2, but can guess.

Micro, coming from a customer service pov, be patient. ^_^ I'm guessing your issue is just like mine and NCSoft is getting hammered with requests.

I checked out the LJ for CoH and it seems others have been hit as well. It could be some kind of douche-hattery with multiple account hacks.

Well, what it is is that there are maps that are basicly filled with like 1 leut worth no exp or inf but the rest of his mob are ritiki monkeys. apparently this results in a map filled of underlings for the purposes of combat that yeild Leut or near leut inf and exp.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Base, yeah, yeah, I know... patience, patience. I've also done customer support and Human Relations... as well as program a machine to produce automated responses based on a series of strings. Never thought I'd be on the receiving end though.

Turns out my account was De Haxxed too. Which from one point of view shows that the GMs are active and good at whacking any suspected Hacking or funny business. The accounts are in safe hands.

So one round proving that I am the owner of my account and of password resets later and I should be back in business.

(((IC: Shell Sabre*: Nene! Stop mucking about on that computer! You trying to track a Class A Wizard Hacker or something? Don't you have more appropriate cases to work?))

*Shell Sabre - Major from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - One of the many toons I don't play enough of, I even got the name mixed up! Sheesh!