Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Launch Day
Launch Day
Ish 19 Launched today...  expect madness and much normal farming to come.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]

Time to start the updater... maybe I can play later this afternoon...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

There an updated Mids out?

Haven't been playing much recently, but I'd like to at least take advantage of the back-to-back freespecs for Shia, and... it could take some planning.

-Morgan.

Hmmmm. I've been tempted to respec Misao a couple of times. This definitely ought to make it worth my time.

Random-ass question for folks: What do you do that ends you up with so many millions of inf? I have to say I've never managed to accumulate anything near the quantities of cash that most people seem to....
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

In my/Evangelia's case, it's three things: Lots of inf from L50 mishes, lots of salvage/recipe/enhance selling after those mishes (I nailed 150 million inf on one recipe a couple months ago), and funneling cash and sellables from all my other toons to her. All told, when I started buying new enhances after respeccing her yesterday, she had something close to 650 million influence handy. I had about 180 million of that left when I stopped for the night last night, but I'd gotten about 2/3 of her enhancements (and had bids out on a few more) by that point.
-- Bob
---------

My method for Making Money Fast is pretty simple.
* Always start a TF or set of missions with empty salvage and recipe lists.
* Sell everything; don't hang on to something because "I'll use it later"; you won't, by the time you get around to it you'll have found something better or outleveled it.  (This even applies to uniques and purples; if you can't use it right away on that character or on an alt, sell it!)
* Run in groups; you get better drops than solo.
* Sell what you can at WWs; unload common items at a store.  Some things won't sell for more than 50 at WWs, but the store will always buy them for 250 - 1000, or more.  Most common salvage is worth more at the vendor than it is at WWs.
* Price everything fairly.  My rule of thumb is 75% of going market rate.  Chances are someone's bidding high anyway to get the item, and you pay less in fees -- and if you happen to get unlucky, you've still moved it and earned some inf.  It's not like it actually cost you any to acquire.
* Relax. Big Grin
By the time I hit end-game and start needing to buy massive amounts of stuff, the money is usually flowing in ridiculously fast.  And when I need more I just take a 50 out for a few runs and sell the salvage, then funnel the funds to whoever needs it.  I won't pretend you'll be rolling in billions, but this works for me and doesn't make me feel like I'm working a second job trying to make fake money so my character can have the new shiny.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

Number 1 way of making Influence/infamy? Play the game! Money will come to you as you play..but being logged off will garner you no resources *Grin*

also when your online more often you'll sometimes see in chat someone linking or commenting about a recipe/crafted invention that they are no longer using or just picked up and looking to give it a way as a 'need before greed' sort of thing.

A comment about one thing Spud said about salvage, if your willing to take a bit of time to nose around on wentworths you may be astonished at how much some -Common- salvage is going for at times. I know I've seen some commons selling for 100K. And it may sound crazy but people will pay that because they don't want to waste time on a bid or trying to farm it out themselves and want instant gratification so you can turn a tidy profit off of even common salvage if your willing to check what you have.

I already do most of what Spud suggests -- and I'm well aware of what prices some common salvage will fetch at WW. I always check there before I go to a store, and I make a lot of money that way.
-- Bob
---------

In keeping with this, I've also had good luck grinding AE arc's for tix and Inf, churning the tix into common salvage, and then selling what I dont need at WW's. Along these lines, though the 'Usefull salvage warning' appears when you try and sell ingredients for memorized recipies, I personally recommend going for all your l25-30 memorization badges as each of them yeild you +2 salvage storage.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Seconded. Eva has all of them, and has something close to 80 slots or so -- and please note, each slot can hold multiple items and still count as one "space" in the storage window.
-- Bob
---------

after getting all the new exploration badges, they are very well written.

Spoilers

Dark Astoria and Striga makes the Banish Pantheon a lot more creepy, they also seem to enjoy poking sleeping elder Gods
Eden and the Hive, Devouring Earth is now a little Nightmare Fuel, several spots in Eden have an almost Psychic field that makes you want to submit, be one with the Devouring earth.
The Shadow Shard...
oh dear god, that was one Mind $#%^, each zone is creepy, but the Badge is almost the page of a story, read in order it is really good, and shows how alien the Shards really are.

Sofaspud Wrote:My method for Making Money Fast is pretty simple.
* Always start a TF or set of missions with empty salvage and recipe lists.
* Sell everything; don't hang on to something because "I'll use it later"; you won't, by the time you get around to it you'll have found something better or outleveled it.  (This even applies to uniques and purples; if you can't use it right away on that character or on an alt, sell it!)
* Run in groups; you get better drops than solo.
* Sell what you can at WWs; unload common items at a store.  Some things won't sell for more than 50 at WWs, but the store will always buy them for 250 - 1000, or more.  Most common salvage is worth more at the vendor than it is at WWs.
* Price everything fairly.  My rule of thumb is 75% of going market rate.  Chances are someone's bidding high anyway to get the item, and you pay less in fees -- and if you happen to get unlucky, you've still moved it and earned some inf.  It's not like it actually cost you any to acquire.
* Relax. Big Grin
By the time I hit end-game and start needing to buy massive amounts of stuff, the money is usually flowing in ridiculously fast.  And when I need more I just take a 50 out for a few runs and sell the salvage, then funnel the funds to whoever needs it.  I won't pretend you'll be rolling in billions, but this works for me and doesn't make me feel like I'm working a second job trying to make fake money so my character can have the new shiny.
I almost do this, but I do hang on to things I KNOW I'll need on a toon I'm actively levelling. If I've built an endgame build for this toon, I'll know exactly what I want, and will transfer it to that toon, even if they are in their 30s.
I'll also hold on to something if I think the market is on a downswing on that item. If I see something is selling for 5,000 that I know normally sells for 100k, I'll hold onto it ntil the market upswings.

Personally, I'd still put cheap salvage up at WW. I get lucky often enough to make up for the times when the fees are higher than what I'm making, and it's less work that way. Also, it helps one work towards the badges that give more auction slots.

Some recipes, on the other hand, are just about pointless to even try to auction off, the demand is so low. So those I NPC.

-Morgan.

an interesting note i tested with I19 (after being bugged to)

looks like Khelds can use inherent fitness tree in forms, this is rather nice Smile