Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does your bio say about you?
What does your bio say about you?
There is an interesting thread over yonder on the offical forums: What does your bio say about you?
Rather interesting when you stop to think about it.
Here's a few bios that were sitting on my hard disk:
Red Fortunana:
Quote:((RP, Bio is WIP)) Of the Red Widow line. One of the Sisters Spider: The Sane One, The One That Sees.
When Susan discovered her heritage, she swore to avenge Red Widows death some how, some way. However, she spends most of her times with her head in the clouds. When she does bring herself out she's got a rather cutting tongue and wit, and known for uttering prophetic things that just seem to come true. Sometimes seen in company with her sisters, although that is becoming rare. Upon graduation, all records of her training has been removed from the archives on Lord Recluse's orders. She has since gone underground, and current whereabouts are unknown.
Report All Sightings to Arachnos.
Famous Lines: Look me in the eye and feel your mind become like putty. Your Doom is Foretold. I need only to wait for a moment.
Arachna Tormentia:
Quote:The last one standing of her class of elite shock-troop executioners, then inducted into a group of Arbiters for additional training. Implanted with a ribosome/impervium armour weave under her skin, to increase hardiness. Underwent intensive training with both the Executioner's Mace and Arachnos Rifle, earning Ace with both. Personality manipulation resulted in removal of previous identity and desire to torment targets unless under orders to terminate them. Removed from Arbiter ranks on Lord Recluse' orders and records of her service were purged on his orders.
Last seen hunting with the Infamous.
To be consider a threat to all Arachnos troops. Report all sighting.
Silent Helper's:
Quote: The hunt for power and immortality knows little bounds. Mankind will sink to great extremes and depths in their quest for it. That search is a tale of many endless false starts, hopes, and countless victims. The search still goes on with the promise of untold fame and riches to those that crack the secret. However, there is always a cost.
The body before you is the result of the that search. It is one of the many countless innocents swept up in the search and then discarded as failure.
Nigh perfect immortality, but with a catch: It is effectively frozen in a moment of time. It is completely sealed from the outside world in almost every regard. It needs not eat, for it has no mouth. It needs not see, for it has no eyes. It needs not breathe, for it has no lungs. It is but a shell of the mind of innocent female.
Only the Menders, with their ability to bend temporal constants can freely communicate with her. For everyone else, it is like talking to a tickle in the back of the mind or a whisper on the wind.
Katrina Tippet:
Quote: [rp]
What do you see? What do you see when you gaze upon me? Do you see the obvious or look beyond? What do you see?
An escaped Crey science experiment?
A body to warm your bed?
A misplaced hero trying to fit in?
A pet to be subdued and controlled?
An object that can be exploited and then discarded?
A villain to compete against and beat?
A freak that's been around too many Cat-girls?
A tool to be used in a game to further your own plans?
A person with feelings?
A shell hiding a diamond in the rough?
A mystery, an enigma, a riddle, a puzzle?
A weapon carved out of pain and dealing out suffering to others?
An instrument to be molded and wielded with skill?
A pawn to be placed on the field at the right moment?
A claw in the throat of your enemies and a knife in their back?
An Assassin, a Thief, a Killer, a Stalker?
What do you see?
What do you see of you in me?
What do your bio's say?

Good thread. Anyone else catch the Undocumented Features ref in the original post?

And I have a few bios I'd like to share. Unfortunately, when I logged in to get them just now, I got a "Servers shutting down" message, so it'll have to wait.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I'm not sure I get the Uno joke, unless it's a reference to one-handed typing. The OP raises some valid points, as do some of the responders. Most of my bios are pretty straightforward summaries of the character, if only for the reason that, in game, all heroes are "registered" with the City (and all villains in the Isles are likely victim of some Arachnos surveillance in one fashion or another). It would be difficult to not have the public not know something about the character, and the more distinct the traits of the character's power/origin/idiosyncracies, then the more likely it will be known. The 'Nettes, for example, all physically look like Fusionette, so it's probably common knowledge that they're dimensional counterparts. The same with most Praetorians; society is different enough that that status is going to come up in normal conversation. (Of course, the concept of a Praetorian deep cover agent is entirely possible and makes complete sense for a Loyalist.)
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

I need to post some Bios.... but I only have like 5 or so writen.... and 3 are not on main toons >.>;

Okay, managed to get online tonight. Let us start with Evangelia. whose bio is a fossil remnant of when she was still at least partly a joke character:
Quote: [Semi-RP] Raye Langley was an ordinary schoolgirl until a talking penguin appeared and told her of her destiny: she was Magical Princess Evangelia, champion of humanity against the Fallen Angels who plague Mankind. Now, equipped with her enchanted broadsword, she seeks out and smites evil wherever she finds it.
The next is Kawaiiko-chan, written from the start for roleplay:
Quote: [RP] Ain't she the cutest thing? You just want to reach out and hug her, even as she's tearing your mind and body apart with her powers. Azusa Miyazawa is her name, but they've nicknamed her for the way she acts -- the cutest of the cute. But don't be fooled.... behind those vapid blue eyes and the mindlessly cheerful grin is a stone-cold killer -- one who will giggle like the schoolgirl she is as she extracts your spleen through your nose.
Halo Kitty:
Quote:Janna-117 is a dimensionally displaced person. Trained to be a living weapon, she was cast out of her native time and space and to Paragon City by enemy action. There's not too much call for a SPARTAN in this world, and even less for a SPARTAN catgirl. But the hero business is a good outlet for her training and her instincts. She just hopes one day to have the prestige and economic clout to hire Portal Corp. to find her homeworld. Until then, she copes from day to day.
Sailor Null:
Quote: Once a magical girl of the brightest Light, Miranda Prentice was disowned by the Powers that had once selected her as their champion because of her bloodthirsty ways in combat. Still burning with the need to fight the evil in the world, Miranda turned from the Light to the Darkness for power, and became Sailor Null.
St. Trinian's Girl has probably the most eccentric bio among my toons:
Quote: Maidens of St Trinian's, gird your armour on.
Grab the nearest weapon; never mind which one.
The battle's to the strongest; might is always right.
Trample on the weakest; glory in their plight.

St Trinian's! St Trinian's! Our battle cry.
St Trinian's! St Trinian's! Will never die.

Stride towards your fortune boldly on your way,
Never once forgetting there's one born every day.
Let our motto be broadcast: "get your blow in first!"
She who draws the sword last always comes off worst.

There are schools that produce soldiers, like West Point and Annapolis.

There are schools that produce warriors, like the United States Naval Special Warfare Center.

And then there's St. Trinian's School for Girls.

Always remember this simple rule: The smaller a St. Trinian's girl is, the more dangerous she is.

Polly McCracken is the smallest St. Trinian's girl of all.

And she's out to beat Lord Recluse into a pulp for bringing her here.
Santa Ana Wind is a "song bio", not quite as bad as just a song title, and maybe as good as a proper bio:
Quote: When the wind decides that it's time to ride,
To spread a little hell through the heartland,
It takes a good long toke then it blows the smoke
Through the desert night

And the wings of fire keep climbin' higher
See the flames cuttin' hard through the homeland,
It takes a mighty strong will to strip the chill
From the desert night

You're wakened from your dream by a siren's scream,
Trapped by the walls that surround you
Then it's will-to-will, and you wonder still
Can you struggle free?

In a thousand ways, when you turn the phrase,
The wind's like a love of a woman
It takes a mighty mean bitch, some fire witch,
To set the night on fire.
-- Survivor, "Santa Ana Wind"
And finally (for tonight at least), the bio for Oscar A. Ward:
Quote: Native of Hollywood, California, Oscar Aloysius Ward spends most of his time in Paragon City. He only returns to his home town once a year at the end of winter, to take part in an elaborate celebration thrown in his honor.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Quote:MicroHue wrote
Katrina Tippet:
Quote: [rp]
What do you see? What do you see when you gaze upon me? Do you see the obvious or look beyond? What do you see?
An escaped Crey science experiment?
A body to warm your bed?
A misplaced hero trying to fit in?
A pet to be subdued and controlled?
An object that can be exploited and then discarded?
A villain to compete against and beat?
A freak that's been around too many Cat-girls?
A tool to be used in a game to further your own plans?
A person with feelings?
A shell hiding a diamond in the rough?
A mystery, an enigma, a riddle, a puzzle?
A weapon carved out of pain and dealing out suffering to others?
An instrument to be molded and wielded with skill?
A pawn to be placed on the field at the right moment?
A claw in the throat of your enemies and a knife in their back?
An Assassin, a Thief, a Killer, a Stalker?
What do you see?
What do you see of you in me?
Is it me, or did anyone else try to sing this one to an old Beatles tune?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

That anyone would try to -sing- one of my bios is news to me, particularly since I don't have a musical or poetic bone in my body.
Agent Gun-Fu: ((Holy Multiple References Batman!)) an old lowbie Defender Kinetics/Dual Pistol
Quote:Agent Handle: Gun-Fu
Original Name: Isabella Newton
Also Known As: Slap Shot; Deadliest Bitch In Space
Date of Training: 21/24/3450
Clearance: UltraViolet Delta Six
Current Assignment: Paragon City - 21st Century
Further Details: Reinforced with batch NR4062 nanobots.
Related to Sir Issac Newton. Yes -that- Issac Newton.
Aced academy graduation tests.
Served many years in various hotspots with distinction. Isabella has become one of the agency's top agents. Earned the tag D.B.I.S. with 48 confirmed mission kills in the Canary Wharf incident, outranking every other agent on the scene. Earned numerous other awards including honorary citizenship to the Ogg sector.
Favors an replicate version of the Semi Automatic X-80 Punisher.
Qualified across most firearms.
Agreed to current assignment as part of exchange program, in lieu of time off. (rp)
and Angelita Valentina

Quote:((rp - bio wip))
Sent here from another dimension in response to a foretelling. Gifted with a fiery countenance from her God during the transition, she has come to hunt down an unknown evil that lurks in the heart of the city.
Angelita Valentia will bring War to those she deems a threat and will Smite them from before her. Once they have been Purged from the sea of Humanity and all is Pure - then she might be allowed to go home.