Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
something that may be of interest
something that may be of interest
There's a book out in hardcover that is based off of CoH (if I'm recalling the blurb on the dustcover correctly)
http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/Inv ... wsec=Books

Sounds like it...to a degree.
Quote:From Wikipedia Entry:
Secret World Chronicle
  • Book One: Invasion (2006) with Steve Libbey, Dennis Lee and Cody Martin
  • Book Two: The Hunt (2007) with Steve Libbey, Dennis Lee and Cody Martin
  • Book Three: World Well Lost (2009) with Dennis Lee and Cody Martin
The Secret World Chronicle is a series of "braided novels," based on characters and ideas created by Lackey and Libbey in an on-line role-playing environment, transposed into an entirely new setting. Although there are plans to set future works in different eras, Invasion is set in the present-day in a world where "metas" (short for metahumans, that setting's term for superheroes) first appeared during World War II and now play an important role in keeping the world safe. In Invasion, the world is invaded by a mysterious force of armored Nazi soldiers, some of whom are subsequently found not to be human.

While Secret World Chronicle is not set in the same world as the SERRAted Edge and Bedlam's Bard series, it does share certain elements in common with those books; one of Invasion's central characters, Victoria Victrix Nagy, is referred to as a Knight of Underhill.

The first book of The Secret World Chronicle began serialization in podcast
form in September, 2006, read aloud by actors Adam Higgins and Laura
Patterson. Beginning in 2007, the series continued to be read by
voiceover artist Veronica Giguere. In Spring 2009, the series was sold to Baen Books with a publication date of 2010.[15]

This isn't the first time the Secret World Chronicle has shown up in the forums -- I discovered it when someone here posted about it not long after the podcasts began. (I tried to follow the podcasts, I really did, but I never seemed to have time to listen to them after I downloaded them.)
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Given that a) Lackey plays CoH a lot these days, and b) she's openly admitted that it started out as CoH fanfic...
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.