Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new item in the store is...
The new item in the store is...
Hero and Villain boosters

1 for 80 PP or 24 for 1440.

And for those of us who can't run the game and dare not visit the website until after work hours, what do they do?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Its the 5 random chance pack that gives Costume pieces/Reward Merits/ATOs.  You have to buy them if you want the Elemental Order costume set.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]

BLACK WOLF. Squee. That is all.

I tested the distribution out on test with around 200-some of the things. You buy one booster, and open it. You get 5 randomized items, usually 2 commons, 1-2 uncommons, 1-2 rare and often (but not always) a very rare. All the items are "Character Item" emails, so you can get them on any character but only that character. I don't have an exhaustive list, but this is the things I've found: Common and Uncommon items are usually dual/team insps or 25/50 reward merits; rare are usually 100 merits, large dual/team insps, some ATOs, and Elemental Order pieces; very rare are 200 Reward Merits, XP boosters, Windfall temps, a few Elemental Order pieces, the more rare/useful ATOs, and Enhancement Catalysts. Enhancement Catalysts are combinable with ATO enhancements to make Superior ATOs. It upgrades their numbers and set bonuses from normal to purple-level. Note that they are counted as different sets, so if you catalyze some and not others, you won't get all the set bonuses.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

After buying 2 lots of 24, this is what I had

Full Elemental order costume stuff

5 Brute ATO's

5 Corr ATO's

3 Troller ATO's

3 Fender ATO's

3 Dom ATO's

2 Blaster ATO's

2 Tank ATO's

2 Stalker ATO's

2 Scrapper ATO's I promised to Ran

And about 2,000 Merits.

Not to Shabby, especially seeing as I can use some of my 2,000 Merits to buy more of the ATO's Smile

I can also trade the ATO's like collectable cards, so I'm probaly going to stock pile some of the ATO's and see if anyone wishes to trade. *looks to Terr, who has no Defenders or Controllers* Tongue

ATO = Archtype Origin, Right?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Yeah. Unique, Attuned, and AT-only. So you can only have one set in your build, they're always at your level, and can only be slotted into one of your primary or secondary powers. They also have a proc/global that should benefit your AT. For example, Tankers get a +Resist proc while Scrappers get a +Critical Chance bonus
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

The tank one is pretty lack luster since I really cannot seem to sustain more than a single stack of +Res which with superior version is 6.7%

However the brute one was changed from on test now its AWESOME instead of giving a % increase to fury on attacks (which according to Arcanaville turned out to be shit) To giving a high chance for a flat out +7 fury on the attack you use. So depending on the attack you can fairly easily maintain FULL FURY. Yes. The Glory days for 100% fury haz returned.

The stalker one is pretty bitching too, best place to put it will be in AS itself come Issue 22 with the stalker changes. Open with slow interruptable AS get Massive damage get rehidden by proc to get a free critical from your next highest attack then if you want you can placate for another crit or just scrapper it and use the quick unterruptable AS out of hide to get the hide proc to fire again for more free crit goodness.

Zwillinger (community rep) posted the breakdown of items within each card rarity.  As I'm posting this, I hadn't seen the breakdowns for each rarity itself, although he also mentioned a guaranteed uncommon/rare in each pack.
Here's the link to the breakdown: http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=284104
One number that caught my eye: the chance for Black Wolf pet - a 0.3% chance per Very Rare card you get.  As I said, I don't know the frequency of Very Rare cards, but even if you got one in every pack you bought, I could see someone easily going through 300 packs without getting one.  My moral: don't try to get one, just be happy if it drops for you.  If you absolutely must have a wolf, well, see if you can hold out for Beast Mastery.
On the plus side, each card rarity group has 2 or 3 Elemental Order pieces in it, and each piece has from 10% to 14% chance to drop.  Also, the ATOs in Very Rare are above 33%, so a Very Rare card is better than 50% chance to have either a costume piece or ATO.
Also regarding ATOs, they will be (or maybe already are?) purchasable with 400-500 Reward merits plus 25 Mil Inf, or with 50-70 Astral Merits.

Yeah, they are avalible from the merit vendors... so I got something to spend my 2,000 merits on now XD

I bought one 24 pack and got all of the costume parts and a bunch of other stuff. My main worry about the system is handled. :lol
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."