Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Long and Thanks for all the Heroes?

It is set to private, I'm not sure who the creator of the channel is I think Atlantea. If its possible to set mod's or give invite power I could help invite folks if/when they come onto champions. I'm @terrenceknight1 Big Grin

I'm the owner, from what I know. I'll see if I can make it public, so you people can join up.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

In CO as well ... I'll either need to sub or just buy "the hat" =P ... I think the game is using my old PWI global name so I'm going to petition to get it changed to @zilemkain so I be easier to find.  FIGHT WITH HONOR!
"There are no problems that cannot be solved with cannons."
-Chief Engineer Boris Kraus of Nuln

So, come November, what song will Doug be playing to move on?

For all of you upset over the news:
[Image: kjdDjiw8NUGZlTHP-DJylw2.jpg]
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

Awwww *hugs*

D'awwww... *hugs*
*sniffles*

I ... must... resist....

*hugs* *sobs*

If anyone needs a stronger dose of Pony Happiness... Smile
Rainbow Dash Attack
*Hugs*
---
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

*Huggity hug*

I'm @yobxof. And my poor Nogi is a "fire blaster"... and the only toon I've had that HASN'T gone down to no stars... REALLY counterintuitive set-up they have, as well, for where the bad guys are inrelation to the newbie zone >
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

@Star_Ranger_4
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

@dragonf1ight
(I was playing Star Trek at the time. Not sure if the global handle can be changed or not.)
---

No Mac client, huh? Well, there goes any hope of my playing it, unless it'll run on my Vista laptop with the crappy Intel video card.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

I'm fairly certain it's possible to install a virtual or dual-boot XP or Vista OS. I know my roommate has set up a Mac before to do that. I could get the particulars from him if you like.
---

I heard about this from a friend who has played since the start. Sucks to see it go like this.

Here's one of the most concentrated pony d'aww sites I know of, in the hopes it might help.

Also, here's the original version of that picture of Dashie:

[Image: tumblr_m9n8f91qRI1r8jzqko1_1280.jpg]
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Okay, for those of you around Champs, I've op'd Terr and Atl, so they should be able to invite people.

To Invite people: Right click on one of the chat tabs, select channels, click on the "TheLegedaryCO" and click "admin" You can type in character@handle names to invite people to the channel.

Side note: I'm going to camp the channel "The Legendary" too since the "CO" may soon be superfluous = If you want to use that instead, I can invite peoples there.
---

Well, I'm giving CO a try. So far, not as *meh*'d by it as I originally was. I'm on there as Street-Knight@Baseload.

What made it go from "you're *kidding* me," to "Okay, this is possible," was the discovery of the insp seller to the side of the tailors.
Okay, they don't call him that, but it's what he does. He sells healing meds, and temporary boosts. Each boost is roughly the same as a 50-75% heal, and some have bonus HP tacked on. That made some fights manageable. Especially since, for some reason, the silver version of the static AT set I've put together for Sil doesn't have self-healing until you're almost done leveling. They really found subtle ways to push the gold membership, I think...
---

ECSNorway Wrote:No Mac client, huh? Well, there goes any hope of my playing it, unless it'll run on my Vista laptop with the crappy Intel video card.
As an outsider to the Legendary stuff, looking in just because I was curious as to the reactions to COH closing... while I'm in STO, not Champions, if they're using the same graphics engine, I'm using a Windows 7 laptop with a crappy Intel video card in it, and I'm playing reasonably well.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

JFerio Wrote:
ECSNorway Wrote:No Mac client, huh? Well, there goes any hope of my playing it, unless it'll run on my Vista laptop with the crappy Intel video card.
As an outsider to the Legendary stuff, looking in just because I was curious as to the reactions to COH closing... while I'm in STO, not Champions, if they're using the same graphics engine, I'm using a Windows 7 laptop with a crappy Intel video card in it, and I'm playing reasonably well.
Thanks. I'll have to clean it up and get it ready to play soon, I guess...
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Matrix Dragon Wrote:So, come November, what song will Doug be playing to move on?
Good question.  I'll have to figure out which of the other Steps "9-1/2" (yes, COH is officially between DW9 and DW10) he's going to first.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Downloading/Installing Champs now. Dunno when I'll get to actually play, but at least I'm looking at my options.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

On the CoHTitan site, Mercedes Lackey posted, to tell people she was trying to network to save CoH.
http://www.cohtitan.com/f...index.php?topic=4877.195
---
Sober Second thoughts
So...
My initial reaction to closing down COH was something on the the line of fellates-a-large-sack-of-genitalia.  Having thought about it over the weekend, I have to admit to a bit of hyperbole.  Where it deserved considerably more; a huge sacke of diseased donkey dongs would be better.
So.  I downloaded, installed, patched, ran, patched and then finally played Champions Online over the long weekend.
I am sure everyone at Champions Online is thrilled and fapping themselves blind at the sudden influx of new warm bodies flooding their servers.  Maybe this influx will plant a foot up their arse in regards to some things lacking in their MMO.
First off - Costume creator.  I know that COH had the Cadillac of costume creation engines; CO hits the level of mid eighties Soviet produced automobile.  I tried to recreate several characters on CO and could not do so do to lack of items; Jackie, Bella, Excalibastard and Gil.  Especially galling is the lack of hair styles - there are what 7? and four of them are so bad that you get a free bowl of soup if you choose one.  Three hats.
I finally settled down and created Scopes Gorilla at Large and off into the tutorial.  Now maybe I haven't sussed out the whole of the interface yet, but it feels lacking.  While I was able to get my silverback primate on and smack down some generic aliens, I didn't really get the feeling that I was fully engaged.  Firing off attacks felt more like button mashing - I liked the block function, but wasn't entirely sure what was happening over the course of the fights.
The controls also feel a little forced - from the Z key to interact, rather than just driving by mouse click - some of this may be my unfamiliarity with the system.  It was also weird not to be able to readily resize the map and other windows.
I will be on over the next few days; but first impressions are not great.

One thing to note Rev is that for some reason, most of the character creator is invisible until after you finish the tutorial at least once. You might have better luck at character creation once you get into the game proper.