Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Examples of some COH charactes of mine done in CO (and a couple of others)

Wow. I like that Eva. Thanks, Logan. Gonna try my hand first at her design, though, and save your design for when I fail...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Although I truly believe that after City of Heroes that it's more than time for Douglas "Looney Toons" Sangnoir to move on to his next stagger and not get involved with the rest of us in Millennium City (unless you really want to. ^_^ ), I remember one of the first things I tried doing with the costume creator of City of Heroes all those years ago was a design for Looney. 

So I tried my hand again, just for the hell of it. 

Eh... Well it sort of works. I'm basically running into a similar problem with Doug that I did with Cyberman 8 - lack of decent helmet options. 

The main costume set you'd need to buy to make this costume work as is is the Pulp set for the Jacket and Jodhpurs and Luchador for the boots. And you'd need to unlock the VIPER helmet somehow. I forget how you do that, frankly. It may be a random costume drop. Otherwise you could use a regular jacket option and tights and a different helmet. But the other options don't really work even this well. 

[Image: Douglas_Q_Sangnoir.jpg][Image: Looney_Toons_Helmet.jpg]
[Image: Costume_Aariny_Doug_Sangnoir_CC_Comic_Pa...317627.jpg][Image: Costume_Aariny_Looney_Toons_CC_Comic_Pag...318804.jpg]

Of course the freeform powers options would mean that you could really go wild with the powers like you should be able to do. But like I said - not really a necessary thing. I kind of see Doug as leaving on the next stage of his walk after CoH anyway.

For me, the only two "CoH" survivors are Street-Knight and Arctouros.  I want to work more on Street's look, but I did, what I  think, was a decent Warshade look.
So, I present my Warshade, ala Champions....
Arctouros.
[Image: Warshade%2520-%2520Dwarf%2520Form.jpg]
Unfortunately,
one cannot make a Nova Form.  But this seems to be a fairly
satisfactory Dwarf Form.  Also, the build I have for him feels, for the
most part, warshade like, sans a few different powers that feel like his
Nova Form merged with the other two.

That's pretty cool. 

Why Purple though? 

Wasn't the Dwarf form - even for a Warshade - more Grey with maybe purple/violet power -effects-?

If you're a subscriber - Gold Level - you can recolor your powers and if you've got any shields and such you can color them the right color. The Roinesh head though is a good choice for the Dwarf though. 

Mmm. I suppose that works for Looney.. I shouldn't complain, I had to make compromises in COH, too, to get something that looked like him.

But you're right, he's moving on after spending 8 years in Paragon; COH is one of the "nine-and-a-halfth" Steplets (along with Shadowrun and Rob's Nadia Stagger), and from there he ultimately goes to the crossover with Legion's Quest.
-- Bob
---------

Okay, so I went to CO today, ran the tutorial with a disposable, and then built Evangelia. Using only the free post-tutorial parts, I think I did pretty well -- I just haven't figured out the interface stuff I need to get a face-front pic of her...

(And answer in another thread, but... how do I find you guys?)
-- Bob
---------

Its more of a I find you sorta thing *grin* all i need is your account name so @blahblah then I can keep an eye out for ya when i'm online..and invite you when I see you. Otherwise you could give me a time when your online and I'll be sure to log on then and invite you.

Accountname? @dougsangnoir. (Someone else already had looneytoons. Might I note I found signing up for an account the most annoying part of the start-up process?)

As for times I'll be on, it's rather unpredictable. Sorry.
-- Bob
---------

No need to apologize just knowing the account name makes it possible to do invites I believe.
Edit:won't be able to invite Eva to Paragon Legends untill yer online, however I was able to send you a friend invite and an invite to our LegendaryCO chat channel.

Terrenceknight Wrote:won't be able to invite Eva to Paragon Legends untill yer online, however I was able to send you a friend invite and an invite to our LegendaryCO chat channel.
Coolness.  I'll be on in a couple minutes.  I just wanted to post this first:
[Image: 83816f194cae0ee20ff4be8efeba0da36a9423bb.jpg]
I think I did rather well, although I now realize that I left her legs much too long.  If I shrink them to about 75% or even 67% their current length, she'll look more like the COH version.  Also, if the character editor allowed skirts+tights...
Until I get around to the fix, think of her as Eva at 18 (she finally got out of high school!)
-- Bob
---------

Well, to be fair, she's been fighting the good fight for how long now? Smile I know Alice has turned 20.

In-game history - especially in the SSA arcs - specifically referenced that there has been 5 years between the events of the early Faultline Arcs with Penny looking for her Dad and the time she joins the Freedom Phalanx. 

Which would make Eva about 21, or even 22...
-- Bob
---------

They've given legs much more vertical room to work with than CoX. So much so that if you maxed the slider, it would look inhumanly silly.
Although I did know a girl in high school whose legs were something like 3/4 of her total height. But still not as ridiculous as the sliders in CO. Smile
---
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

If anyone's reading this tonight, Aaron Blackstone is trooping around in his default green armored costume (because he's a Radiant, not a Tank, and getting shot hurts). He'd love an invite.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Oh hey - I'll hop on and help you out. ^_^

Eb managed to catch us In game and got him an invite. Good to have you aboard Ebony!

Oh, for Logan or anyone else interested, here's Eva's costume file.
[Image: a1d3624a15c44ce9a0080aa1eb4903efcfd44299.jpg]
-- Bob
---------