Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
City of Heroes - Remains
City of Heroes - Remains
This is Leandro's "farewell" video to City of Heroes.

This is the same guy who put together those amazing composite videos of the 3000+ heroes from the Unity Rally back in September. He's also helped other people make their videos. He's a code-slinger par excellance.

So you KNOW this is going to be something special.

This is both heartbreaking and uplifting.

If you think it's getting way too dark near the 2/3 mark - trust me - just wait. It gets MUCH better from there to the end.

Leandro says:

Quote:This video was supposed to be my "farewell to the official servers" video. On early November, I had the first minute and a half done. Then, my harddisk died, and it took 3 weeks to get a replacement.
By the time I got back to work on it, the servers had already shut down, and I had to rethink where I wanted this video to end. It still has some rough edges, but I am reasonably happy with the result.
Songs:
"Remains" by Maurissa Tancharoen & Jed Whedon, from "Dollhouse" (episode "Epitaph One").
"Where do we go from here?" from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (episode "Once More With Feeling").

Here's the direct high quality download from Leandro:

http://leandro.cox-supergroups.com/cohtube/Remains.mp4

That is a lovely video.  and in the spirit of The Legendary, Cyberman 8 is one of the first heroes out of that damn tunnel. Put a big damn smile on my face.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]

You can't even believe how happy I was to see that. I think Leandro put me in because of some support I gave him in seeding the beta client torrent and some other small things over the months. 

Kara's also in the vid too. She's in the big shot of all the heroes just before the final destruction of Atlas, which is a re-used shot of the 3000+ heroes vid - just shown from a different angle. Evangelia was in that one too. But I think in this video, the angle is wrong to be able to see her. (Cyberman 8 is there too, but he's almost completely obscured by Marauder, takes knowing where he was ahead of time and a sharp eye to even catch a glimpse.)

But what I REALLY liked and found particularly and personally touching - if you look closely during the final shots of the rebuilt Atlas, you can see both Cyberman 8 and Kara - the two of them sitting and chatting on one of the upraised corners of the Atlas statue platform. It surprised the hell out of me, because even in my own head, I'd NEVER seen them in the same scene together! And now I have a new way of thinking about them. I mentioned that to Leandro and thanked him for it on the Titan forum. 

And... I figured also I wouldn't mention any of this unless someone else did first. I wanted to keep the surprise intact. ^_^

I was looking for Eva and any other Legendary, and somehow completely missed C8 and Kara. Of course, now that I look, I see them. Wow. Very cool.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.