Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This space reserved for news

Ankh said crazy ideas and this is pretty crazy.

Sadly, I think most of Valles toons would be in risk of giving themselves a concision if they move to fast XD

Logan Darklighter Wrote:
Morganni Wrote:Logan, I like you, so please don't take this the wrong way... but you're kind of making me want to throw rocks at you.

-Morgan. Admission: I have no idea what the right way to take that statement would be.
I'd say the way to take it would be to cackle madly and say, "My work here is done!" 

^_^
I have to say that I'm with Morgan in this case, in that blatant teasing is not one to drive up my interest, but rather increases my desire to learn to pelt people with tomatoes through the internet.

That said, if it's anything like what's implied, I await further news of actual substance with mildly intrigued curiosity.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Given Logan's response to that line, I'm feeling inclined to channel my inner alchemist and upgrade to a mixture of bombs, flowerpots, and mysterious bubbling flasks.

Jiggle physics - if it meant I could reliably have a character with the chest slider on "low" look small-breasted and a character with it on "high" look large-breasted, I'd be fine with it...

-Morgan.

Better than what I thought... When you started mentioning jiggle physics, I pictured someone maxing the slider, and getting a 400 lb, overweight woman in a bikini, with everything moving in highly unnatural ways, like she was made of Jell-o.
---
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

DRAG0NFLIGHT Wrote:everything moving in highly unnatural ways, like she was made of Jell-o.

If by "everything", you mean "breasts", that's a pretty good description.

I think the defining example of the type is the first Dead Or Alive game, in which the breasts would just bounce up and down, at a constant rate, *forever*, **even when the owner of said breasts is standing still**. (Although, to be fair, making it look really ridiculous required changing a setting which has no apparent connection to breasts, and no obvious reason to adjust it in the first place.)

The later games in the series... at least the bouncing sometimes looks like it could have been caused by the way the rest of the body is moving, but that leaves the question of "Wouldn't that hurt?"

-Morgan. I'm now imagining a game where large-breasted characters take a bit of damage when making particularly sudden movements...

Actually, given that I was referring to a 400 lb woman in a bikini, with everything jiggling in highly disturbing ways, the breasts were only part of the horrifying image. Smile
---

If you have Jiggle Physics, you will never have any over weight characters. It's like an unwritten law of game design.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

Ankhani Wrote:If you have Jiggle Physics, you will never have any over weight characters. It's like an unwritten law of game design.
No, it isn't.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

DRAG0NFLIGHT Wrote:Actually, given that I was referring to a 400 lb woman in a bikini, with everything jiggling in highly disturbing ways, the breasts were only part of the horrifying image. Smile

I think dark seraph was talking about the kind of jiggle physics that just means breasts though.

Or at least, that's the only kind I'd expect to see in enough volume to crash Pocket D...

-Morgan.

*Just sits back and watches with a grin* Oh, I meant boobs, but you guys have made this a thousand times more amusing, keep going.

Valles Wrote:
Ankhani Wrote:If you have Jiggle Physics, you will never have any over weight characters. It's like an unwritten law of game design.
No, it isn't.
Wow. That's like watching the Sta-Puft Marshmallow Man's redneck cousin. Smile
---

Ahh Rufus. I forgot how amusing he is to watch. I should've remembered Street Fighter.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

I keep checking back to see if this reserved space has awesome news or not. I keep hoping. Smile
---

Okay folks. I can talk to to you in a limited fashion about what's been going on. But I'm not going to do so on the open forums. If you really want to know what's up - PM me or email me at my standard email address (and if you don't have my email, just PM me and I'll give it to you) and I'll PM or email you back with the details. 

Perfectly reasonable. Nothing about whatever you're talking about should be posted to an open forum at any time, no matter what anyone says. Big Grin
---

I don't think it's "perfectly reasonable".

If you're operating under an NDA (formal or not), you are simply proving you are willing to violate it -- violate your word on keeping someone's secret.  I find that ethically questionable and morally repugnant.  If you're not operating under an NDA, then you're toying with folks for your own amusement.  Which, okay, trolling for attention is a time-honored tradition on the 'net, but that doesn't make it less annoying.

If you have something to share, share it.  If you don't have something to share, then knock it off.  What you're doing right now is baiting, and truth be told, I find it irritating enough that whatever your news is, is likely to be poisoned by the fact that you felt it necessary to share it in this fashion.

Nobody is going to hold it against you if you know something you're not supposed to talk about.  But playing the child and saying "I have a seeeeecrrreeett!  But I'm not gonna tell youuuu!" is something most of us outgrew, with good reason.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

I'll agree with spud, I mainly check this thread now for the jokes and shit rather than any actual news simply because for me, it all boils down to this.

If CoX is coming back, yay.

If not, then stop saying "I knooooow things."

I guess I'm just an optimist, and I'm willing to be patient in the hopes something good happens.
I'm just a little frantic because of the no-work thing. So I'm bouncing off the walls, metaphorically speaking. (I'm not yet there, physically speaking. That may be next, though. Smile )
At the moment, I'm hoping to find work so I can pick up a lifetime sub over at Champions Online. Speaking of which, I just finished my latest outfit for Sil. The Ka outfit components really made it work. Check it out!
[Image: 8ed366de1309c2f6846ab4a88c223d18bac3d3b8_r.jpg]
That's my contribution tonight. Smile
---

Sofaspud Wrote:I don't think it's "perfectly reasonable".

If you're operating under an NDA (formal or not), you are simply proving you are willing to violate it -- violate your word on keeping someone's secret.  I find that ethically questionable and morally repugnant.  If you're not operating under an NDA, then you're toying with folks for your own amusement.  Which, okay, trolling for attention is a time-honored tradition on the 'net, but that doesn't make it less annoying.

If you have something to share, share it.  If you don't have something to share, then knock it off.  What you're doing right now is baiting, and truth be told, I find it irritating enough that whatever your news is, is likely to be poisoned by the fact that you felt it necessary to share it in this fashion.

Nobody is going to hold it against you if you know something you're not supposed to talk about.  But playing the child and saying "I have a seeeeecrrreeett!  But I'm not gonna tell youuuu!" is something most of us outgrew, with good reason.
What I have told people in private as they have PMed me, I have already checked ahead and cleared. 

That what has been in the works has been in the works has been an "open secret" for some time. Posting hints of that much was, I thought, entirely harmless. And in any case, our board here is kind of obscure and not known primarily as a gaming forum in any case. 

It was not my intent to "troll" or tease maliciously. My intent was to let you guys know that I had an inside track to said project and by extension that meant that YOU did too. I figured anyone with any sense could read between the lines and figure out EXACTLY what was going on. It's been said before, both by others and acknowledged by myself - I am not the most subtle person around. I mean c'mon. 

What I have said so far here in the open does not put the project in any danger. Again - I want to stress - I made sure of that before I posted. 

I said above - all you have to do is ASK now and I'll tell you exactly what's going on. I felt you all deserved that much. I just should not say on a "live microphone" out in the open what's going on, is all. When I got confirmation that I could do that much, I made the above post.

In any case, since it's caused more than one of you to get pissed off at me regardless of my intent, I'm going to ask Bob if he thinks the thread should be locked or even deleted outright. 

I think we'll table this thread right here. The hinting and teasing has been getting a bit too coy. it was fine when the topic mutated, but coming back around full circle... No. Sorry folks, nothing to see here any more.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.