Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logan's Champions Nemeses
Logan's Champions Nemeses
Hey - anybody want to post designs and explanations for their character's Nemesis?  Feel free to add a pic of the Hero of the Nemesis as well. 

(Edit: Since nobody else seems interested in replying to the thread, I'll just post whatever else I've got for archival purposes and we'll call it a day. Changed the title of the thread as well to reflect the personal nature. You want to post your own Nemesis? Go make your own thread. Geddouddahere! Tongue)

Latest Nemesis I created is... Uhm... Yeah. Sorry. Couldn't resist. ^_^

[Image: a7xhPzB.png]

[Image: 0i4c5Lj.jpg]

[Image: ws7Y9aY.jpg]

This is a classic case of "reverse engineering to work with limitations". 

I designed this villain with an eye toward color-coordination with an already existing set of minions in the Nemesis system. Specifically the yellow and black-suited "Charged Dynamos" set of minions. So this particular Nemesis would look enough like them that you could buy the concept that the minions are of a theme with the villain and have similar powers. In this case - the powers for both the main villain and the minions are Electricity based. 

Currently the Nemesis options are bugged so that you can't SEE what your minions look like in-game as you pick them unfortunately. I understand there are posts on the official forums where people have posted screens and documented what the minions look like. But that means I can't just go to the Nemesis system and show you what they look like, but I picked some screens below that had the minions in the shot. 

So - I present to you, the Utterly SHOCKING mistress of the Megavolt - 

Gigi Watt!

[Image: VGZ6Srn.jpg]

[Image: YzNSM9r.jpg]

[Image: aVoSv93.jpg]

So - the reason why Cyberman 8 has the number 8 in his name is that he was the 8th attempt by Dr. Tani to download a human mind (soul, consciousness, however you define it) into an android body. 
There were 7 previous attempts, and they all went wrong for various reasons. 
Prototype 6 was one of those. The positronic matrix was, like the other 7, flawed in some way. And so never "woke up". 
C8 isn't sure HOW Prototype 6 could even be active. C8 understood that the nature of the previous 7 failures was that a consciousness - the "spark" if you will (to use a Transformer term) - of a human intellect and/or soul - simply failed to take hold or survive the transfer intact. So there shouldn't even be any "ghost in the shell" inside of Prototype 6. 
Well SOMETHING is in there, now. Whether it's a delayed reaction and the original human implant finally activated in the matrix, or whether somehow it got corrupted by a version of Mechanon or whether someone simply finished Dr. Tani's work in some fashion...  Heck - in his more whimsical moments, Cyberman 8 wonders if maybe Foxbat implanted a copy of HIS mind in there. Because Prototype 6 is decidedly crazy
My goal on the visual design was to create something that looked like it could have been a precursor to Cyberman 8. Blockier, more "Mecha"-like. Almost like a giant action figure or a toy. He stands almost a head taller than C8. I used a metal texture on the face and the "geometric" pattern. (Kinda almost makes him look like a cross between Robocop and Kryton from Red Dwarf actually. >.>;;; )

[Image: uovZpDp.png][Image: KjUEKTb.jpg]

He used electricity for his powerset, so I figured I'd use the chest emblem to create the suggestion of an "arc reactor" of some kind.

So I've got at least one Transformers homage toon. And I figured this Nemesis would work both for them and maybe for a couple of other characters like Stalnoy Volk or Robot Ronin. 
[Image: sAAc9rB.jpg][Image: IKlbNGc.png]

I made this one a couple of months after the movie Megamind came out. Big Grin
[Image: SxEaYyW.png][Image: S6a6Wwn.png]

Robot Ronin's Nemesis is a proper Kaiju monster named "Angiras". 
[Image: 5XnJYEz.jpg]

As soon as I have a few minutes at home to hop onto the game, I'll get a shot of Evangelia's nemesis, Sailor Null.

And my newest toon, St. Trinian's Girl, isn't quite high enough to have a nemesis yet, but I'll probably recreate Kawaiiko-chan for it when she hits the right level.
ETA:  Typoed my own Nemesis' name, dammit.  Fixed that.  And here's a pic of her:
[Image: 4e41691447ad07e70cad93de725f03ff8e44f9d2.png]
Sadly, the contrast is a bit low for the black-and-purple color scheme, but she does look good in-game.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I actually don't recognize your first one, aside from being a ghetto-steampunk Cable - but more importantly, where do you get those parts? The torso, shoulders, and boots particularly.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Quote:ClassicDrogn wrote:
I actually don't recognize your first one, aside from being a ghetto-steampunk Cable - but more importantly, where do you get those parts? The torso, shoulders, and boots particularly.
I'm pretty sure Lord Nemesis would be insulted to be referred to in that fashion. Big Grin
[Image: It%27s_all_a_Nemesis_plot%21.png][Image: FakeNemesis1.jpg]
As for the actual costume bits? It's from a costume set called "Legacy Power Armor" from the C-Store. Sorry, but you'll have to spend some money/points to get it or subscribe as a Gold member. (Free for subscribers)

Those aren't the same parts as the first screens were, though - or at least not the same patterns. As for not knowing the boss, well, the furthest any of my test characters has gotten is Millennium City's west side.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Quote:ClassicDrogn wrote:
Those aren't the same parts as the first screens were, though - or at least not the same patterns. As for not knowing the boss, well, the furthest any of my test characters has gotten is Millennium City's west side.
Uhm...  O.o;
They're not the same parts because they're not from the same game. 

Clear now?