Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cancelled Champions Online sub for now
Cancelled Champions Online sub for now
I was already considering taking a break. But the latest "Patch" broke the game so hard it's not even funny. 
Say goodbye to emotes. 

No really. Seriously. I couldn't believe it either. THERE ARE NO MORE EMOTES IN THE GAME. 

Yes - it's some kind of bug. But bugs don't get fixed in Champions except after months and months. And frankly they were ridiculously low on emotes in the first place. 

It's just one of many things - the lockbox only content. The neglect. 

I may be back - never say never of course. But I'm not going to be back until they fix what they broke and give us real new content that IS NOT IN A LOCKBOX. 

Just friggin sad, really. 

So! Anyone for DCUO?

I've got a character in DCUO. I'll check it a bit more often if that's where people are gravitating toward, now.
I've been a little light on participation lately, largely because of the massive heat wave pouring through Ottawa lately. No A/C, plus high heat and high humidity and rain = not a lot of computer usage.
---
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

Meh. I almost never used CO's emotes. Then again, I haven't been bothering much with CO of late anyway.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Still... Went back and had a look at the CO board, and it really *does* look like the new dev team is putting some work into the game. There's a new story coming out, as well as a handful of costume parts and a stock be-critter based heavily on TRON. That might be kind of fun...
---

"Be-critter"? Do you mean one of those transformation power thingies?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Yeah. I actually spent a few minutes before using their name for the costume power before finally shrugging and typing it in. It's actually the shortest way to to say the concept without having to go into explanations. Smile
---

You can't see me facepalm, as there is no emote for that, and yet...

Face, this is palm. Steady there bro, I gotcha.

(And this after my comp suddenly died again, just as I was going to start playing regularly...)
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Well then. That's a surprise.
They actually fixed the emotes.
And added new ones.
And the new emotes aren't in a lockbox. Though you do still need to buy them.
BUY THEM!!!
Not just because they're actually GOOD emotes, but in order to ENCOURAGE Cryptic to keep putting stuff in the z-store rather than in the gods-be-damned lockboxes!
More surprises. Some mission bugs appear to be quietly being fixed, according to people on various forums.
Bullet Bound For Biselle - the open mission - seems to have been fixed. (Haven't tested this myself yet)
Well okay then.
I'm waiting a bit more to see if more gets changed or if this is a statistical one-off. If they continue this trend, I may re-sub.

So, since the new dev team took over, they've revisited and tweaked the mental powers, introduced a Tron-themed story arc, fixed a handful of open missions, fixed the emotes (although to be fair, they broke them, first...) and generally increased the level of awesome the players have been feeling the lack of.
I'm not fond of spending $5 for a handful of dance emotes, but I'm gold anyway, so I'll get free points in a month or so, and may revisit it then. For now, this is a heartening trend, and more likely to keep me coming back.
---

Just wanted to add somethin here, they are adding -New- Laser Sword powers that are currently being tested on the PTS.

Laser Swords?  ... maybe i'll look at Champs again when that goes live
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]