Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7th Fleet Memo: Crafting Supplies
7th Fleet Memo: Crafting Supplies
When the game gets updated to Season 9.5, there is going to be a pretty radical change to crafting
The new crafting system frankly sounds like it's even MORE of a Dilithium grind than the previous one. At least to me. But that's not the important thing. 
ALL the old Crafting materials will be rendered obsolete and unusable. Whether there will be a conversion system or not I don't know. 

What I do know is this - before the new system goes into effect there are apparently a lot of Captains doing last-minute crafting and skill-ups. I suppose in order to get the most out of the current system before it goes away. 

I don't give a rip about crafting anymore. So I've sold all my mats and made an astronomical amount of money (EC) on the exchange. Sassinak and Sohaiz both went from around 1,000,000 EC to over 10,000,000 or more by selling to people who have driven the prices up Up UP! 

Here's a suggestion - why don't we do the same overall and clear out the Fleet Bank Tab 1 (the Crafting Mats) and put all the EC into the Fleet Bank? 

Unless of course someone remembers something important that they needed to craft and wants to do something with all that stuff just sitting there beforehand. 

If you all think that dumping all that stuff on the market and putting the EC Cash in the Fleet Bank reserve is the best way to go, let me know either here or in-game and I'll take care of it. But get back to me quickly if you can. We need to do this before the changeover if we're going to do it. 

Guys? 2 days tops before I feel obliged to make an Executive Decision here. Maybe not even that long. If I hear nothing at all, I'm going to consider it a "Yes" and go ahead and dump the stuff on the market. 

go for it I say.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]

Fleet Bank now has 46,504,597 Energy Credits to draw from. We had something like 10,000,000 before. Feel free to use those credits to get new style crafting materials if you feel up to navigating the new system.
Frankly though, I'm disgusted with the new changes and I may be taking a break from STO for awhile. 

If anyone has old materials left over, they can be converted to the new system, so don't just delete them.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm of to build a gun that shoots bullets. INNOVATION! Smile

Sure - I figured you could convert them, But I figured the exchange rate wouldn't be NEARLY as good as getting the stuff on the market for the EC as lots of people were desperately buying the stuff to use before the change. 
If you need Crafting materials, you can convert what you have or use the Fleet EC to buy what you need. I wager we came out ahead on the deal. 

Oh yeah, obviously. I was just thinking more in terms of people like me, who forgot to dump everything on the Exchange before the issue went live.

Also, all the R&D materials are in a separate inventory now. Handy!