Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overheard VIPER NPC Dialogue in Canada - Existential Blues
Overheard VIPER NPC Dialogue in Canada - Existential Blues
Quote:Soldier: Hey...
Soldier: Yeah?
Soldier: You ever wonder why we're here?
Soldier: It's one of lifes great mysteries, isn't it?  Why ARE we here? Are we the product of some cosmic coincidence or... is there really a god, watching everything - you know, with a plan for us and stuff? I don't know man, but it keeps me up at night.
Soldier: What?!  I mean why are we out here, in this snow ,on the edge of this dumb lake?
Soldier: Oh... uh... yeah...
Soldier: What was all that stuff about god?
Soldier: Uh... hmm?  Nothing.
Soldier: You wanna talk about it?
Soldier: No.
Soldier: Sure?
Soldier: Yeah.
Soldier: Seriously though, why are we out here? As far as I can tell, it's just a frozen lake with no real strategic value.
Soldier: Uh-huh.
Soldier: The only reason we have a base here, is because Steelhead has a base there.  The only reason Steelhead has a base there, is because we have a base here.
Soldier: Yeah, that's because we're fighting each other...
Soldier: If we were to leave... today... they would still only have a base at the edge of this lake.  Whoop-dee-doo.
Soldier: Hey...
So yeah. That happened... ^_^;

Well, back when I first tried CO not long after launch, my first thought on Canada was literally 'There is not a single concept or joke here that hasn't been shamelessly stolen, is there?' Tongue

Can't say as I was terribly impressed by the Tiny White North, back when I was trying out CO...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I've started referring to it as Canadia. Because I've been to Canada, and that's not it.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."