Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Commission, this one from a Galaxy Far, Far Away...
Another Commission, this one from a Galaxy Far, Far Away...
Another piece done by Mach Sabre, who's done quite a lot of art for Legendary members over the years, now that I think about it. This time, it's my SWTOR main character, Jedi Knight Zelda Torwyn, dealing with an eternal problem.
[Image: Zelda.jpg]

"Damn sand really does get everywhere..."

*Whistles* Thats a really nice picture! ..makes you wonder how much time she regularly spends cleaning sand out of everything. How much does he charge for work like this?

Awesome bit of art! Love the small "slice of life" of a Jedi doing maintenance on their saber.
Although I dearly hope that's not the business end of the lightsaber she's peering into - or that, if it is, she's got the power cells unhooked... 

That IS superb work.  And if she's a full Knight, I think she's probably had such stupidity as peering down her own weapon's "bad guy" end beaten out of her by now.  At any rate, the end pointing away from her looks to me like a lens....
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

funny you should mention that, Logan. That kinda sums up my first impression of the pose as well.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

See the emitter lens at the far end of the saber? I think that suggests she's not an idiot, and has been taught proper weapons safety.

Which, MD, is often not noticed until one looks closer to make sure she really isnt suffering an extremely blonde moment. Even with the lens at the other end, though, the chances of a weapon blowback, especially with a rear cover off to allow for maintenance, is probably enough to cause her to sigh with relief once she fixes the whatever and no longer needs to stare down the barrel (even from the wrong end) to see the problem
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Okay. Speaking as someone who's worked on machinery of all shapes and sizes. First rule, no exceptions. Power source. Remove.
In short, she's not a fucking moron that'd be kicked out of the Order.

That's Guss Tuno, one of the Smugglers companions, who not only stole a lightsaber on the way out, but can't figure out how to turn it on. (No. Really)

Granted, Zeldani there would not make that mistake.  BUT!  Due to this commission, I now have the mental image of a battle-scarred old Jedi Master with an eyepatch.
Padawan: Master... when you lost your eye, was it a great battle?
Master: ...
Padawan: Was it during the siege of Antares V?  When you defeated the Sith lord Darth Wombus in single combat?
Master: ...
Padawan: Or was it that time on Naboo, when the invading army was destroying the temple with artillery fire?
Master: Padawan, the lesson you should learn from my missing eye is this: Details.  Matter.
Padawan: I... don't understand.
Master: You will if you keep using your lightsaber that way.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs