Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GURPS IST LA, One Note and the Denver GURPS group.

I keep trying to post this, but Yuku keeps crapping out.

I'm loving it. It's taken a couple of sessions to get the hang of, but I'm loving it. I have all my book as PDFs anyway, on all my computers. So, it makes sense to just have one thing that I carry for gaming.

I enjoy having the notebook on Skydrive, so I can open it from anywhere, make changes, and it saves. I don't have to keep notes about what needs to change, I can just CHANGE it and be done.

Dartz Wrote:Does This Work?

Yup. Firefox 5 liked it.

I may have to try it like that the next time I GM a game, since most of my RP books are in .pdf form also. I wonder if it'll install on WINE. *Gets busy.

Yes!. It does work. More or less.

I don't know if you can do it through WINE (I'm not terribly familiar with Linux), but I know that with Windows, I can tell programs to print to OneNote.  It lets me select a page and puts whatever I'm trying to print in the notebook, hence how character sheets are getting put in, now.
I used to have a big problem with Linux until I saw one of our gamers (Jon) start working miracles through it.  Now, I only give Linux a hard time when Shadowvyce is around.  Jon admits that he also gives Linux greif when Shadowvyce is around . . . it's something about Shadowvyce.

Most likely not.... one of the things windows does well is that it all works together. That's also what makes it so insidious. Though, I'm no demagogue for penguin-power; I just happen to like the XFCE interface, and general trouble-free operation of most things. Empirically, it just gives me less trouble, even if I'm no wizard with it, just a bog-standard user.

Now I just need an idea for a game and some players.

Heavy Gear is full of ideas. As for gamers . . . can't help you. I've got tons, but I can't really email them to you . . .. The electrons get mad.

We have this new, internal “branding” situation going on, at work. It’s called IFS: Integrated Future State. Well, one of my IST gamers asked about us playing “IFS” the other day. I replied “IST, even? IFS would be the International Felonious Society.”

The guy was really taken with that name and tried to have me work on the idea. I told him that, if I were to put some serious consideration toward it, I’d do so only after talking with Bob, because, well, if I’m going to put that much thought into it, I’d want to make sure that it was something he could use should IST 2.0 ever get written. And, it's not something I'm likley to be working on at work, anyway.

Well, the guy didn’t take the hint (he’s a living example of the Clueless disadvantage) and commented, the next day that he’d come up with a hierarchy for the society, topped off by “The Most High Felon.”

“No. If anyone was going to lead the organization, it would be Bad Horse.”
“Who?”
“The Thoroughbred of Sin.”
“What?”
“Never mind.”

To my left and right (two of my other gamers) came a chorus of “Bad Horse, Bad Horse, Bad Horse! He’s BAD!”

I managed to fight the urge to sing the song.

Heh.

As for the IFS, well, I have no objections to any customizations in anyone's campaign. And it's not like I'm going to come to your door with a baseball bat and make you stop doing something I don't like, after all.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

(scratches that off the list of ways to get Bob to come visit)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012