Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IST Infinite Worlds concept
Oh, and thanks
I almost forgot me manners - Thanks for the welcome. It's very good to be here.
Regards, CThe future's so dark, I've gotta wear mirrorshades.
Re: Oh, and thanks
My apologies for taking so long to say, "You're welcome" -- in both senses of the word!-- Bob
---------
One of the primary differences between the Left and the Right is their attitude toward the Future. The Radical wants the Future to have gotten here yesterday. The Reactionary wants the Future quietly shot and the corpse buried where no one can find it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
having to cultivate believers
Bob,
What were the mechanics for belief => power you used in Elfpunk? As I said above, I could do with some GURPS-fu on this one for my own campaign.
Regards, CThe future's so dark, I've gotta wear mirrorshades.
Re: having to cultivate believers
I didn't have anything more than a vague idea for the mechanics, sadly; the project never got further than a proposal.

-- Bob
---------
I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from Now We Are Six through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So theeeeeere....
Tagline...
Bob, the Bonzo Dog Band, right?The future's so dark, I've gotta wear mirrorshades.
Re: Tagline...
Bingo.

-- Bob
---------
I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from Now We Are Six through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So theeeeeere....
Advantage - Worshipped
I brought the idea of an advantage that allows worshippers to add to CP on the GURPS forums. Some useful ideas. I've been really busy but at some point I'll try to get a workable mechanic, probably using the modifiers from the Ally advanatge and Maintenance disadvantage as a base.
When I do, I'll post it here.
Regards, C
(Edited by Bob to fix link coding.)The future's so dark, I've gotta wear mirrorshades.
Re: Advantage - Worshipped
What we had in mind for Elfpunk wasn't quite like that. As far as I recall, it was more along the lines of, the more an elf got noticed, the more and more permanent of an effect he could have on the world. It was intended to be a deliberate inversion of the basic working principle of the World of Darkness: instead of everything that isn't a normal human hiding itself, these supernaturals were literally screaming for attention -- and generally not getting it. (Since they were dangerous when given enough attention, humanity had evolved the ability to ignore them into impotence.)

-- Bob
---------

Thread resurrection..... success!

http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.php? ... stcount=37]Posted by tbrock1031 on the SJGames Forums:
Quote:IST-2K - The name given by Infinity for the world of IST after the Y2K "reality quake". The "reality quake" event was revealed to be the total elimination of superhumans from the world when one of the premier heroes in the IST first secured political power through subtle telepathic mind control, and then actual world-shattering raw power from an outside source - still unrevealed at this time. This hero ultimately conquered the world - keeping the existing infrastructure intact - and ruled for a brief time before suffering a fatal heart attack. Upon his death, power reverted to the various governments, who then had to figure out what to do now that superhumans were no longer a force to dealt with. As such, many laws which created the ISTs were repealed.

It is now ten years after that event (ca. 2010, or the present day). The first new superhumans have just appeared on the scene, mainly in India, China, Russia, Canada, and the United States. The UN, remembering that it was an IST member who conquered the world, has not reinstated the ISTs.
And from http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.php? ... stcount=43]his reply to my asking "mind if I post this to Bob's forums?"
Quote:I've GM'ed this scenario - only with a Marvel/DC crossover, not IST - and the main thing to watch out for are players that see "one guy conquered the world and is no longer around" and don't see "left the infrastructure intact." Such players tend to look at this as a "Days of Futures Past" scenario, which it really isn't. It's just plot-device.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Huh. Interesting...
-- Bob
---------

And I've just moved this thread into the IST25 subdirectory as I was working on that part of the outline.

I've put Chris's original suggestions into the outline, and I need to reread some of the massive later ones before I make a final decision on them. But in the mean time, if anyone wants to sling a couple more alternate ISTs out for consideration, I'll be happy to look them over. Just don't make their descriptions book-sized; I'm currently only budgeting myself 1 page for alterate timelines. I can maybe make it 2 if I get a lot of good suggestions, but still, shorter is better.

Thanks!
-- Bob
---------

If it was up to me, I'd definitely include IST-1, IST-2 (both in the first post), IST-3 (in post #4), and IST-2K (in post #33)... but that's just me.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

IST-K9? Interspecies Super Teams? A world of sapient, anthropomorphized animals? (More Albedo Anthropomorphic, but, I can't help think SuperMegaTopia. If you've never been there, don't go. I don't want to be responsible for that.)

Well, IST-1 is default IST, IST-2 is "Evil IST". Both are in, as is IST-3. I'm still thinking on IST-2K, and haven't eliminated it from the running.
-- Bob
---------

This is probably redundant with Centrum having a presence on Krypton-3, but I had the crazy thought that maybe they're active on Krypton-2 as well. Specifically, Interworld activity there is the flipside of Infinity's realpolitik option on Krypton-1; just as Secundus were willing to provoke a potential Last War in the name of preserving the Secret, maybe Interworld are trying to prevent a Last War by blunting some of the K-2 UN's more blatantly Irrational actions.