Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okay, I'm stumped...
Okay, I'm stumped...
...or maybe I'm just tired. (It's been a loooooooooong week-and-a-half.)
Over on the In-Joke thread, jonathanlennox said:
Quote:
Aha. In that case, I'm going to guess the "thing you have to explain how to do" is Jusenkyo curses, and the in-joke is some Ranma fanfic...
Guess who needs help with Jusenkyo curses?
In my own defense, the character is already a shifter - specifically, a Sailor Senshi. (Yes, this is for that Warehouse 23/MiB/general-weirdness game I'm running. The players expect me to toss in anime references, and a good GM gives the players what they want. Not what they need or what's good for them, but what they want... )
So, we've got a person with complete control over her change about to get a curse that gives her a second, uncontrolled change. (An animal form, BTW, but I won't say which here...) How do I do that?
Before the obvious question is asked: I haven't decided whether she'll be able to transform into the senshi form from the animal form, or what she'll look like if she can...
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Re: Okay, I'm stumped...
Quote:
So, we've got a person with complete control over her change about to get a curse that gives her a second, uncontrolled change. (An animal form, BTW, but I won't say which here...) How do I do that?
Without a copy of the book right in front of me to consult, off the top of my head I'd say a wereform, appropriately defined off the base form, with two exclusive one-way triggers (for change to and change back).
When I get home tonight, if I don't get mired in COH or something else, I'll break out one of my copies and see if I can get you something a bit more specifically game-languagey.

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
Thanks.
After some discussion over on rec.games.frp.gurps, I've decided that she won't be shifting straight from the Jusenkyo-cursed form to the Senshi form. (It's a curse; it isn't supposed to be that easy to get around...)
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

Do you still need help on this? It sounds like you might not...

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
I think I've got it, thanks... (Now all I need to do is translate the animal name to Chinese, so I can identify the spring... but that's something I can ask others for help with.)
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

I knew I was going to need game mechanics for the Jusenkyo curse... As soon as the NPC got it, one player decided to have his character take a running dive at the nearest pool.
Oh, yes - here's the NPC, without the curse, in case anyone wants to check my math or understanding of the system. As for which curse, I'll offer a hint: call her Min-Min...
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

-- Bob
---------