Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update
Update
It wouldn't be Shapeshifters if the damned book stayed the same two months in a row.
I'm in what's supposed to be final edit, and over the last week or so, I've been fielding many emails from my editor; big, question-heavy, suggestion-laden emails that each take me much of an evening to get through.
The book is changing and evolving even when it's out of my hands.
If I've appeared to be off-line a lot for the last few days, that's why. It'll be going on for a while, yet, too -- I ended last night with four emails left in my inbox that I had yet to address, and overnight another four appeared.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Re: Update
Quote:
It wouldn't be Shapeshifters if the damned book stayed the same two months in a row.
Heh. Somehow, that's strangely appropriate.
Blessed be.
-n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
That's because you didn't use a silver bullet when you shot it off...
>>play rimshot.wav here
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Well, fortunately, the back-and-forth with the editor has been progressing well. I've not done anything today because of Peg's birthday, but tomorrow I jump on some of the last (and biggest) emails he sent me. And I'll be writing up some new material...
Oh, and here's good news. My "in-joke" for the book not only got past him, he wants to expand it.

-- Bob
---------
Further Updates...
The line editor (different from the book's editor, for those who don't know the titles) has made some rather drastic changes to a few game-system level things, and now we've got some nasty last-minute tweaks to make. We may end up having to forgo making some of the characters come out to nice round character point totals. This inhales greatly, as aesthetically, I want all my characters to work out to multiples of 25 points and it just may be impossible to do so iin the time we have left. (The book's edit deadline is a week from today -- April 21. After that, it's really, really over and done with except for maybe queries about art specs and publication in July.)

-- Bob
---------