Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Brainpick
More Shapeshifters
Sorry this was so late,I couldn't get access to my password for a while.Anyway,here are my suggestions for shapeshifters:
Morphs:
ALL Martians from the DC Universe (including the racist white ones).
The title character(s) in the classic novella "Who Goes There".
Aptom from the Guyver series.
Weres:
Animagi from the Harry Potter series.
Zoe from the Sluggy Freelance webcomic-the only known werecamel."There's only one kind of monster that uses bullets"
More Shapeshifters
Sorry this was so late,I couldn't get access to my password for a while.Anyway,here are my suggestions for shapeshifters:
Morphs:
ALL Martians from the DC Universe (including the racist white ones).
The title character(s) in the classic novella "Who Goes There".
Aptom from the Guyver series.
Weres:
Animagi from the Harry Potter series.
Zoe from the Sluggy Freelance webcomic-the only known werecamel."There's only one kind of monster that uses bullets"
Zoe
Would you believe I'm a regular Sluggy reader, and I never even thought of Zoe until after I sent in the final draft? It's things like that which make the first month or so after the book goes in a period where I spend my time pounding my head against walls and saying, "It's shit! They'll never want me to write for them again!"

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
More Shapeshifters
I also forgot the main character of Clifford D.Simak's The Werewolf Principle and A.E. Van Vogt's Silkie race (who could assume any one of four forms,if I remember rightly).
And who could forget that wizard's duel between Madame Mim and Merlin in T.H.White's classic The Sword in The Stone?
And some Roger Corman films featured weres-The Wasp Woman is the most obvious example,but the mutant in The Day The World Ended was originally a human being before being transformed by nuclear radiation."There's only one kind of monster that uses bullets"
Re: More Shapeshifters
Yes, good references all. Thank you. But... 1) the original point of this thread was a survey of comic book superheroes for a very specific purpose, and 2) I submitted the final draft of the book almost two weeks ago and can no longer add anything new.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.