Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playtest extended
Playtest extended
The Powers That Be have decided that the Shifters playtest will be extended, at least long enough for me to catch up with all the digests my lead has sent me. It was supposed to end yesterday. Now I don't know when the anticipated end will be.
More on this as it develops.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Re: Playtest extended
Boo. Hiss."I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."

-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
No, actually it's a good thing. I need the extra time.
What I don't need are the endless snide comments in the playtest group along the lines of "If you don't do shapeshifters my way, then you've ruined all of GURPS and I'll never play it again."
Jesus Harold Christ.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
"If you don't do shapeshifters my way, then you've ruined all of GURPS and I'll never play it again."
You do realize that anyone who says this about any GURPS book is so thoroughly unclear on the concept that it's not even remotely funny...
*sigh* Repeat after me: "There is no limit to human stupidity..."
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Quote:
What I don't need are the endless snide comments in the playtest group along the lines of "If you don't do shapeshifters my way, then you've ruined all of GURPS and I'll never play it again."
I understand. We got some of the same when we were tweaking Earthdawn for Second Edition. The deaththreats over d20 were the most amusing. We weren't even considering changing the dice mechanic. Fans are weird.
Ebony the Black Dragon
aka Draco Draconis Ebenium
known to FASA and WotC as Aaron F. Johnson
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Playtests
Playtesting, something I'll have to get round to once I finish writing up the Transformers RPG system I was piecing together over the weekend (It's mostly done, just some work on the character creation system and polishing the background sections).
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Quote:
You do realize that anyone who says this about any GURPS book is so thoroughly unclear on the concept that it's not even remotely funny...
Yup. Doesn't help much when it seems like, sometimes, 90% of the playtest comments fall into that category.
-- Bob
---------
Quote:
We got some of the same when we were tweaking Earthdawn for Second Edition. The deaththreats over d20 were the most amusing. We weren't even considering changing the dice mechanic. Fans are weird.
Jeeze. I've been gaming since 1979 -- yes, folks, seventy-nine -- and I still look at folks like this and think, "For god's sake, man, get a life!"

-- Bob
---------
Re: Playtests
Quote:
Playtesting, something I'll have to get round to once I finish writing up the Transformers RPG system
Have fun. In fact, have the fun I'm not having...
-- Bob
---------
Re: Playtests
> Have fun. In fact, have the fun I'm not having... to self about how back in the day playtesting felt like a
> family get-together rather than being guest of honor at
> Little Big Horn...>
I'm in the fortunate position of doing it for my own amusement and no other reason what-so-ever."I pick you up by the throat."
"I'm twice your height right now, you can't reach... Damn, you did!"
- Excerpt from a Werewolf LARP
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.