Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not sure if this makes sense for shapeshifters...
Not sure if this makes sense for shapeshifters...
I came up with an idea for an advantage based on watching DBZ (OK, I admit it, I enjoy the mindless show [Image: smile.gif] ) : That Which Does Not Kill Me Makes Me Stronger.
For those who don't know, there's a race in DBZ that grows in power everytime they recover from damage, somewhat proportionally to the amount of damage they took, but occasionally exponentially (and possibly including a metamorposis of sorts when they reach a new level). It seems to me that this could be multi-leveled advantage, from someone who gains 1/10 point to put towards increasing ST/HT for every Fatigue/HP they recover (say, a 25-point variant) to something really obnoxious for 100+ points (haven't figured out the formula yet, but probably something exponential based on the proportion of damage).
While not particularly useful for true role-playing campaigns, it could be very interesting in a purely combat-oriented campaign...
Just a thought (I do have them on occasion [Image: smile.gif] )
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Re: Not sure if this makes sense for shapeshifters...
Josh, do you have a Pyramid subscription, and can you post this idea as a SUGG over on the Shifters playtest board? You might get a lot of folks helping to thrash it into a workable form (or just thrash it ). If a non-abusive form that doesn't penalize the player too much ("You just survived a hit from a 20d lightning bolt. You now have 70 points in DR; all your earned experience from now on goes to paying for it.") can be found, I'll happily include it.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Yes, I do, but I wanted to see if you though it even made sense as a Shapshifters-based item first. Besides, I haven't figured out a way to make it non-abusive, so I'm gonna hold onto it for now - there's enough thrashing about in the playtest group as it is... [Image: smile.gif]
Offsides
I think it's cool and cinematic and might be almost unplayable.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
My thoughts exactly... [Image: frown.gif]
Offsides
Shifters Playtest
Also,how about Aylee,from the webcomic Sluggy Freelance? For those who aren't reading the strip,Aylee is an extradimensional parody of the monster from Alien,whose physique alters to fit the surrounding enviroment.(Currently,she is out of cryogenic suspension,and has now become a living furnace,which must be fueled constantly,usually by consuming inanimate matter)."There's only one kind of monster that uses bullets"