Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nineteen years later...
Nineteen years later...
The date of the epilogue at the end of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was last Friday.  (I actually discovered/realized this a few days ago, but I kept forgetting to mention it.)

So li'l Albus Severus will be finishing his first week of Hogwarts today.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: Nineteen years later...
Which is about when we should be getting into the real plot of whatever story they're involved in. Wink
(09-08-2017, 07:59 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Which is about when we should be getting into the real plot of whatever story they're involved in.  Wink

Actually, if you take Harry Potter and the Cursed Child as canon (and not everyone does), the real plot is still about three years away.
Doesn't matter if the fandom things it canon or not, JK says it is and signed off on it.
(09-11-2017, 06:35 AM)InsaneTD Wrote: Doesn't matter if the fandom things it canon or not, JK says it is and signed off on it.

Ah, you're on the "Word of God" side of the "Word of God"/"Death of the Author" divide...
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
I think it's her universe and she just let's rest of us play in her sand box. I haven't read cursed child and everyone I've heard says it's not a great read and reads like mediocre fanfiction. So I get why the fandom is upset.

If I remember correctly, she didn't write it so it's basically published fanfictipn.
And proof of Sturgeon's law: "90% of EVERYTHING is ... poop."
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
There's a "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" filk in there somewhere, but I'll be buggered if I can figure it out right now. Maybe next year. Smile
(09-12-2017, 04:32 PM)Ebony Wrote: There's a "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" filk in there somewhere, but I'll be buggered if I can figure it out right now. Maybe next year. Smile

It was nineteen years ago today
Albus Severus went to school to stay
He'd been worrying 'bout the House he'd get
When on his head the Sorting Hat was set
So may I now present to you
The after-epilogue that you all want:
Albus Severus Potter's sorting's done!

Meh.  Needs a better choice for the last three syllables.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....