Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Abandoned Step
Re: To Horror in the begining dinner
Quote:
It specifically needs to be a song -- the words must scan, must fit the rhythm and meter of the music. They don't need to rhyme -- there's no shortage of interesting, good songs that have odd or non-existent rhyme schemes -- but it must be something singable, sung with appropriate music.

... quite incidentally, when Doug engaged his first boomer in Hot Legs (I think), he began singing. I assume it was for some effect. I am certain it was acapella :-)
Since the artist in this case was himself -- did it turn out the way he wanted it to be?
I wouldn't worry about this too much though -- I will continue to read the story and overlook medium-sized or even large glitches. I just want to be entertained :-)
Greets,
Cal
Hot Legs Boomer Bashing
Well, I dunno...I read his singing in that scene simply as elaborate combat theatrics. As was mentioned somewhere else on the boards, Doug does have the whole "Looney Toon" persona thing going when he fights.
True, the club scene has him pulling wacky stunts when he doesn't have an audience. That is, Doug doesn't know Lisa's watching, and he probably doesn't think the Boomer's really listening, but he does it anyway. Make of that what you will, but I don't sthink he was getting actual boosts from his metatalent by singing. Elsewise, he'd be able to hum people to death.
-- Acyl
Re: Hot Legs Boomer Bashing
Acyl's right -- it was simple theatrics for the fun of it. There was no benefit to the song, power-wise; it was intended as a distraction, much like the patter he used immediately prior.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Quote:

Sorry Bob, I was having a bad day. No offense taken, and none meant either.
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
'Sokay. Not a problem.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.