Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Room of Requirements holding facility idea continuation
Room of Requirements holding facility idea continuation
Basic Idea: Room of Requirements.

Hold Umbridge by luring her in to hold her and only her

Objections:

1)Room reconfiguration

A:The Ravenclaw Diadem was not accessed until someone needed that room again.

2)Anytime someone else accessed her room, they'd let her out.

A)Use a password-locked holding cell. This way, even if they do get into the Room, they'd still need to get past the cell door.

Quote: kentmagus wrote:

Basic Idea: Room of Requirements.

Hold Umbridge by luring her in to hold her and only her

Objections:

1)Room reconfiguration

A:The Ravenclaw Diadem was not accessed until someone needed that room again.

2)Anytime someone else accessed her room, they'd let her out.

A)Use a password-locked holding cell. This way, even if they do get into the Room, they'd still need to get past the cell door.

Well the hole in that attempt would be that the person wants immediate access to Umbridge (for example Fudge) just has to pace back and forth in front of the
RoR and open the door and the room has reconfigured to allow the person easy access Big Grin

Also, who's to say that once Umbridge is left alone in the RoR the room doesn't shape itself to her desires?

Nope. Near as I can determine, the RoR's 'settings' are determined from the OUTSIDE, and dont change until someone else outside needs something
else.

then again, there might be an additional requirement that the room be empty before it reconfigures? so, how does that affect an Umbridge cell? Well, with a
totally mindless type of magic it means its locked in... but I've always sensed that magic also tends to have its own free will... and look for loopholes.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Quote: Star Ranger4 wrote:

Nope. Near as I can determine, the RoR's 'settings' are determined from the OUTSIDE, and dont change until someone else outside needs something
else.

then again, there might be an additional requirement that the room be empty before it reconfigures? so, how does that affect an Umbridge cell? Well, with a
totally mindless type of magic it means its locked in... but I've always sensed that magic also tends to have its own free will... and look for
loopholes.
In book 7, Neville made modifications to the RoR while still INSIDE the room. OTOH, the hidden Hogwarts students apparently all had to leave the
room before Harry could convert it into the junk room (although perhaps he could have generated a door from the sanctuary room to the junk room if he'd
thought about it).
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV