Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update
Update
In case you haven't noticed the status report at the top of most forum pages, I've gone ahead and split chapter 1 into two separate chapters.  After I complete a final pass on the new chapter 1, I will be sending it to preread.  In the mean time, chapter 2 progresses, and I've set up the file for chapter 3.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

WOOOOOOOO! Big Grin

ooooooooh.
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.

Heh.... Glad to see you remember my advice, (though I didnt acutally say it this time) about "If it gets to 100 (kb) SELL!... err.... Print?"
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Oh, I've traditionally split chapters when they start getting over 200K. That's one reason DW2 is 15 installments -- it was originally supposed to be around 10.

The main problem is finding a good, satisfactory point in the middle where a chapter break seems natural. That's why they sometimes go upwards of 150K.
-- Bob
---------

After consulting with the pre-readers, I'm targeting release for next Friday, 6 July.
-- Bob
---------

huzzah!
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.

Bob Schroeck Wrote:After consulting with the pre-readers, I'm targeting release for next Friday, 6 July.
Sure - release it at the end of my vacation...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Ditto. That's when I'll be starting a drive of 1500 miles home...

We anxiously await, good sir!
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"