Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A funny idea
A funny idea
If Fred and George leave Hogwarts because of Umbridge and tell Peeves to "give her hell from us" on their way out, how do you think Doug will behave in that situation? Remember that the teachers didn't lift a finger to help Umbridge any more than absolutely necessary. They even gave Peeves advice ("It unscrews the other way."). For some reason, I can see Doug handing Peeves a list of harmless, yet obstinate as hell pranks he could pull on Umbridge.

And on the top of the page that says something along the lines of "Use these on anyone else, and I'll exorcise you myself."

Also, wasn't Fudge only able to get Umbridge in because Dumbledore couldn't find a DADA professor? If Doug is that professor, wouldn't that derail that plotline,then and there?
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Given that most of that was Umbridge manuvering behind the scenes to get close to Harry because she has an axe to grind in the first place (I believe its revealed by the end that she was the one who sic'd the dementors on Harry in the first place) I'd say that instead of her manuvering to get herself initally appointed as DADA instructor she goes straight for the jugular instead, perhaps; by getting herself appointed as official government investigator/representative to the school.

However, given that this is Bob's story to tell, we'll just have to wait and see what happens, eh?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children