Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Background Music of the Day, 9/16/2015
Background Music of the Day, 9/16/2015
I've been brainstorming details from the Ministry Battle with this on endless loop:

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Two Steps from Hell?
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"

It's gorgeous ... music to "crush your enemies [and] see them driven before you" by.
And there's no proper attribution at that URL.  Now I have to buy Two Steps from Hell CDs in the hope that it's on one of them.  I am displeased.  
To a subordinate:  "Burn the city.  The entire city.  Let not so much as a rat survive."

Quote:She with the star I had marked for my own--I with my set desire--
Lost in the loom of the Night of Nights--lighted by worlds afire--
Met in a war against the Gods where the headlong meteors glow,
Hewing our way to Valhalla, a million years ago!
-- from "The Sack of the Gods," Rudyard Kipling
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

DHBirr, I verified. it's Immortal by Thomas Bergersen, from the Illusions album.

Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Illusions-Thomas- ... B005A1ER0I
-People may die, but ideas are forever. Je suis Charlie.

Mooses gracious.
Note to underlings:  Seraviel's city is NOT to be sacked or burned.

(Edit)  Actually, if the sample here turns out to be representative, I'll probably wind up buying the others anyway, but it's still nice not having to buy on spec.
-----

I'm sorry I couldn't give a proper attribution.  I got the music from YouTube and converted it into MP3, and have been playing that.  I just searched for what info I had when going back to YouTube.
And Seraviel, thanks for the link -- I'm getting the CD; I owe the guy that much for just the first two bits this inspired.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Oh snap, this one!?

Yeah, Thomas Bergersen's stuff is pretty damn powerful stuff. And Immortals is pretty much the best track on the album, IMHO, but there are others that are pretty good, too.

Also, if you want to find even more awesome stuff in this vein, check out this Youtuber: http://www.youtube.com/user/Dendera91

This person properly attributes all the stuff on his/her channel, so if you find something you like you shouldn't have too much trouble finding it.

Glad to do it. I've been listening to Fearless from his Sun album quite a bit ever since it was pointed out to me.

-People may die, but ideas are forever. Je suis Charlie.

Bob, it wasn't on you to post the attribution; somebody already complained in the comments at the URL that the poster (name of "achmirr") hadn't given credit.  It's achmirr's home city that I wanted my savage hordes to burn.  (Ah, if only I actually had savage hordes at my command -- plus the cojones to lead them....  )
(Edit)  After listening to "Fearless":  OK, another CD to buy.  Decidedly non-sarcastic "Thanks," Seraviel -- and a belated "Thanks" to our host for bringing this artist to my attention in the first place.
-----

I'm gonna go ahead and recommend all but one of the Two Steps From Hell albums. The one I don't recommend is Halloween, as it's mostly IMO (please note the caveat) just sound effects.

I didn't get Illusions, as the samples didn't grab me. I have Sun however.

Lots of the tracks from the above inspire my Fenspace muse. If only I could get the ideas down...

P.S.: I've got all the above as MP3s from amazon, not the physical CDs themselves.

Quote:DHBirr wrote:
Bob, it wasn't on you to post the attribution; somebody already complained in the comments at the URL that the poster (name of "achmirr") hadn't given credit.  It's achmirr's home city that I wanted my savage hordes to burn.  (Ah, if only I actually had savage hordes at my command -- plus the cojones to lead them....  )
(Edit)  After listening to "Fearless":  OK, another CD to buy.  Decidedly non-sarcastic "Thanks," Seraviel -- and a belated "Thanks" to our host for bringing this artist to my attention in the first place.
Just remember: pillage, then burn.

Quote:Proginoskes wrote:Just remember: pillage, then burn.
That's SOP for savage hordes; it's only modern (well, relatively modern, say, 1500s on) types who need to be reminded about priorities that way.  [Overly elaborate take-that to most of  European "civilization" redacted.]
But seriously, folks, I've already put in my order at B&N for Illusions and Skyworld, they should arrive by the end of this week, and most of the other CDs are on my shopping list.  Rubbing hands together like Mr. Burns....

"Und any plan vere hyu lose hyu hat iz a bad plan!" 
-----