Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uncombable Hair Syndrome
Uncombable Hair Syndrome
This science story made me think of a certain heroine of our story here.  No, Shirley not.
http://arstechnica.com/science/2016/11/ ... causes-it/
-- ∇×V

Heh. I wonder if she's really that bad...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

So... rex mutations in humans?

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
I could certainly see Hermione, being the inveterate bookworm that she is, having come across the concept and resigning herself to dealing with it. Especially as a teenager, since body issues are a thing that adolescents deal with. Rowling doesn't really go into it, but I suspect that Hermione would be secretly thrilled with the hair-straightening charms she learns for the school dance in "Goblet of Fire."
(On the plus side, she no doubt has perfect teeth, given her parents' vocations.)  
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Quote:Ebony wrote:
I could certainly see Hermione, being the inveterate bookworm that she is, having come across the concept and resigning herself to dealing with it. Especially as a teenager, since body issues are a thing that adolescents deal with. Rowling doesn't really go into it, but I suspect that Hermione would be secretly thrilled with the hair-straightening charms she learns for the school dance in "Goblet of Fire."
(On the plus side, she no doubt has perfect teeth, given her parents' vocations.)  
Perfect as in cavity-free? Yes.
Perfect as in perfectly straight? Actually no. It's established canon that she has fairly prominent buck-teeth, which her parents have declined to do anything about until she finishes growing. At one point Malfoy (I think) hexes her to make them start growing hugely; when she goes to Madame Pomfrey to get them fixed she gets them shrunk down to a normal size rather than her original dentition.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Yes, in book 4, IIRC, as it contributes to her being a stunner at the Yule Ball.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Quote:ECSNorway wrote:
Quote:Ebony wrote:
Perfect as in cavity-free? Yes.
Perfect as in perfectly straight? Actually no. It's established canon that she has fairly prominent buck-teeth, which her parents have declined to do anything about until she finishes growing. At one point Malfoy (I think) hexes her to make them start growing hugely; when she goes to Madame Pomfrey to get them fixed she gets them shrunk down to a normal size rather than her original dentition.
I had forgotten that. But I mostly meant perfect as in not the stereotypical British teeth (which really haven't been the stereotypical British teeth since the 70s, so the stereotype only makes sense in something like "Austin Powers" in any case).

Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."