Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sailor Moon Redux
Re: EZboards is the devil...and not in a blue dress.
Quote:
Okay, how's this? Toltiir hacks up a hairball into the Well of Mimir, and a pile of characters all voiced by the same seiyuu get rotated among their various universes. Misato Katsuragi ends up in a seifuku. Sailor Moon ends up standing on that trap door at ACROSS. And Excel finds herself playing house mother to Shinji and Asuka...
Whaddaya think?
::Warning: Sanity.sys corrupted. Abort/Retry/Freakout?::"I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Quote:
Okay, how's this? Toltiir hacks up a hairball into the Well of Mimir, and a pile of characters all voiced by the same seiyuu get rotated among their various universes. Misato Katsuragi ends up in a seifuku. Sailor Moon ends up standing on that trap door at ACROSS. And Excel finds herself playing house mother to Shinji and Asuka...
Hmmm. Welllllll.... given what little I've seen of Excel's version of 'therapy' and 'advice', she might actually be good for those two.
Misato would be interesting because, at least as far as the Sailor Scouts are concerned, her critical skills are much the same as Doug's - military organization, training, and tactics. In fact, I'd say she's a better officer overall, since I doubt that Doug deals with or -could- deal with anywhere near her paperwork/organizational load.
Convention states that the Evil Organization is both Evil and Will Not Succeed in Taking Over The World. Excel herself is a comic character, and pretty much incompetent - that's her charm.
Usagi Tsukino is not Evil. She is also Competent (now, now, really. She is. She's just... happy.). Given how much glee Excel Saga takes in messing with Convention, this in no way prohibits her from working for the Evil Organization and, eventually, Taking Over The World.
I like this plan! I'm proud to be a part of it! Let's go!
And this leaves out all the chaos inherent in applying the same premise to Megumi-sama. ^_^
Blessed be.
-n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
quite playing those mind games
Whaddaya think?
-- Bob
Let's be grander and get more Mitsuishi Kotono roles in!
Usagi could be the first officer of the White Base--uh, I mean Archangel, Marayu Ramias could be on the steps of the Sohma House (Gundam SEED), Misato could be on the trapdoor of ACROSS, Sawaguchi Koume could be in the seifuku, Excel could be the weapons officer of the TAC (Blue Seed) and Sohma Kagura could mentor the Eva kids (Fruits Basket).
-murmur the fallen
Kagura: The measure of your love is how horribly you beat your man up!
Asuka: Hurray!
Shinji: . . . oh, crap.
Re: "The Kotono Rotation"
Quote:
Let's be grander and get more Mitsuishi Kotono roles in!
If we work in too many, we wouldn't be able do them all justice.
I'm seriously considering this; while driving in to work this morning, I had the image of Excel, dressed in Misato's clothes, in Central Dogma, saluting and shouting, "Hail, Lord Ikari!" Gendo smiles his little smile, and that pullcord drops out of the ceiling next to him...

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Quote:
Hmmm. Welllllll.... given what little I've seen of Excel's version of 'therapy' and 'advice', she might actually be good for those two.
Given sufficient time. In the short run, Asuka will simply give her a Look, and Shinji will hide in his bedroom.
Quote:
Misato would be interesting because, at least as far as the Sailor Scouts are concerned, her critical skills are much the same as Doug's - military organization, training, and tactics. In fact, I'd say she's a better officer overall, since I doubt that Doug deals with or -could- deal with anywhere near her paperwork/organizational load.
True enough -- Doug handles the security paperwork for a team that's never exceeded a dozen members in its entire life, and it's basically civilian paperwork, too, not the carnivorous military variety.
Quote:
ion states that the Evil Organization is both Evil and Will Not Succeed in Taking Over The World. Excel herself is a comic character, and pretty much incompetent - that's her charm.
I think you can take off "pretty much", although she has her moments of competency, more or less when they can't possibly advance ACROSS' agenda. Excel in the heart of NERV? That's trouble -- for NERV and SEELE -- just waiting to happen.
Quote:
Usagi Tsukino is not Evil. She is also Competent (now, now, really. She is. She's just... happy.).
Oh, I agree. And naive. And idealistic. And, when push comes to shove, almost as powerful as a demigod. That combination gets a lot done.
Quote:
Given how much glee Excel Saga takes in messing with Convention, this in no way prohibits her from working for the Evil Organization and, eventually, Taking Over The World.
But not before dropping through that trapdoor a couple times first.
Quote:
I like this plan! I'm proud to be a part of it! Let's go!
I'll put it on the Big List Of Projects To Do Someday.
Quote:
And this leaves out all the chaos inherent in applying the same premise to Megumi-sama. ^_^
Oh yeah, don't think that hadn't occured to me...
Akane: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN... ma?
Mystery Guest: Lime! I'm Lime! Where's Otaru?

-- Bob
---------
Shinji's tears are once again flowing like waterfalls!
Quote:
Quote:
Hmmm. Welllllll.... given what little I've seen of Excel's version of 'therapy' and 'advice', she might actually be good for thos

Given sufficient time. In the short run, Asuka will simply give her a Look, and Shinji will hide in his bedroom.
[/quote]
Actually, it's Rei's reaction (not that you'd notice it much from outside) that I wonder about - Excel after all treats everyone with the same level of hyperactive cheer (unless its hyperactive enimity).
I also have an image of the scene riht after the tech crew has failed to reconstitue Shinji (New evaporated Shinji! Just add LCL! *spine not included) and Excel is doing Misato's grief-striken lament... then stands up, does some genki pose, and shouts, "Oh yeah, I forgot! Oh Will-chan, if you please?"
Insert slot machine sound effect, and Shinji pops out of Unit-01...
Oh, wait, even better idea, Will-chan herself makes an appearance and pulls hi out of her swirling star portal thingy.. or to stick with the Eva=mindfuck theme have Will-chan pop out of Eva-01 with a noticeable bulge in her portal disk and giggle or something, then cut to the hospital wing with her in a bed and a somewhat irked shinji crammed into a crib. Somewhere along the line this sems like it should involve Gendo howling, "VERY NOOOooo!!" but if he's usually doing Ilpallazo things (and that does fit better) that probably wouldn't work.
Excel manning the Wall of Trap Trigger Buttons to defend against the invading troops in whichever movie ending it is would be another good one, as would the Queen Puuchuu as Lilith. Heh, Evangelion Puuchuu 01... the mothers that are canonically soul-snatched into the evas could be down there in cocoons looking gaunt, taking the example of the Sumiyoshi puuchuu taking on his personality and traits.
My brainstorm is heading for tornado teritory, so I'd better not go on too much more, except for a closing note that an Excel/Ranma crossover would actually match pretty well for levels of slapstick and random cluelessness... anybody know of one?

- CD
Re: Shinji's tears are once again flowing like waterfalls!
Quote:
Actually, it's Rei's reaction (not that you'd notice it much from outside) that I wonder about - Excel after all treats everyone with the same level of hyperactive cheer (unless its hyperactive enimity).
Hmm. It'll either wash right over her, or overload her circuits. Of course, the latter is far more interesting from a story point of view...
Quote:
Insert slot machine sound effect, and Shinji pops out of Unit-01...
What, not a "spit-ping!"? If you define the "Macrocosm" as encompassing all the universes, then that'll work. I can just see Will-chan exhorting Shinji to wake up, and Shinji going, "Mom?"
Quote:
then cut to the hospital wing with her in a bed and a somewhat irked shinji crammed into a crib
Now this is just bizarre...
Quote:
Excel manning the Wall of Trap Trigger Buttons to defend against the invading troops in whichever movie ending it is would be another good one
That's assuming that NERV has a Big Wall of Trap Trigger Buttons... but if we start getting that silly, why not?
-- Bob
---------
Re: Update (I bump threads! Yay!)
Quote:
(Who's heard rumors of first season uncut DVDs...and praying.)
Update: This rumor has been confirmed. ADV has announced (a couple months ago, in fact) that it is releasing a box set of the first season, completely uncensored.

-- Bob
---------
Sailor Moon?
How about this. Usagi has it all *wrong*- she's doing her shtick, and it's not working. If I understand correctly, Usagi Tsukino is properly Tsukino Usagi, or Tsuki no Usagi, or 'Rabbit of the Moon'.
What if she takes on, instead, the aspect of a certain other Rabbit, who has been known to have some small inspiration on a dimension-catapulted metahuman of our consequence? Or, Doug is the Rabbit of Earth, and some prophecy concerns two rabbits...
('of Earth' is used, if memory serves me right, in SM. It was discussed as coming out as Mamoru's family name (with proper kanji), Chiba, making Doug 'Chiba Usagi'... ewww!)
Still, the original thought- Usagi switching methodologies from Rabbit of the Moon to Rabbit of the Warners- has some useful amusement value, right?
right?Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
Re: Sailor Moon?
Quote:
('of Earth' is used, if memory serves me right, in SM. It was discussed as coming out as Mamoru's family name (with proper kanji), Chiba, making Doug 'Chiba Usagi'... ewww!)
It could be worse. Alter the Romanji by one letter...
And Doug is Chibi Usagi.
*runs in fear*--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Re: Sailor Moon?
Chibi Usagi... not bad. Once you ignore the reference to a certain Small Lady, that actually works.
After all, we all know who the Rabbit above the Loon really is...Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
The problem with Excel in Misato's shoes
I wonder how Pen-Pen will feel being promoted from pet to emergency food supply.
"Why else would someone keep a penguin in their refrigerator?"
Re: The problem with Excel in Misato's shoes
I never, ever considered that possibility.

Bwa-hahahahaha!
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...

I thread necro to point out that, assuming Small Lady has her father's last name, she is Chiba Usagi. You've made me imagine Doug in pink frills. I had to share the pain.

As long as the thread's been necro'ed...

Valles Wrote:(begin excerpt)
Now, if any of you have been following along with this little tale, you will doubtless recall my repeated references to Her Royal Highness, Princess of the Moon, Mistress of the Ginzuishou, Jewel of the Seventeen Worlds, Beloved of the Light and Champion of Righteousness Usagi Tsukino nee Serenity XIV - aka Odago-atama - as 'Magical Princess Schwarzenegger'.
This was, of course, meant all in fun and good humor, but when she first assumed the mantle of her power and heritage I became very aware that it was a complete injustice on every possible level.
Her proper nickname would have been Magical Princess _Tac-Nuke_.
God or not, -evil- or not, I almost felt sorry for Metallia.
No, I didn't.
(end excerpt)

I think this has actually been animated since Valles posted that in 2002... except that they toned down the power level and renamed the protagonist to "Nanoha".

(Yes, "toned down" – Nanoha never brought anybody back to life {end of Sailor Moon}, or took out an entire division of attackers with one shot {Sailor Moon R movie}. If it ever came down to a fight between Riot Force 6 and their Intelligent Devices vs. Usagi and the Silver Crystal, they'd end up needing more TSAB agents.)

Bob Schroeck Wrote:Damn. I really need to go to my local B&N or Borders and see if they still have the Sailor Moon manga. Soon, soon, I hope.

Volume 1 of the more-faithfully-translated versions of Sailor Moon and Sailor V are definitely both out, and I think Volume 2 of each are either out now or out shortly.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Long after that wish, I got my hands on the entire Dark Kingdom arc in the manga. Wasn't hard, it was only five volumes long. I gave them to Nina Avins a year or two ago, having mined them for everything I could get, which was actually rather little.
-- Bob
---------

I'd just like to say... holy crap, I didn't even recognize the style of my post from 2003... well, aside from the rampant typos when I can't edit after the fact. Another one for the "Weird Life Moments" list I guess. I do still like the idea of an Usagi/Misato/Excel one-step-each-to-the-left, though. Why left? Because while it sounds highly appealing there is nothing right about that idea.

In an attempt to throw a dart somewhere near the original topic of the thread... Perhaps Doug can lob an incendiary at a youma sometime, and give a line about introducing them to "Sailor Redox?"

- CD, yes, it's just a pun on the thread title. I never claimed it was a good attempt at being on topic.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Rereading the stuff from 2003, I'm struck by just how much my plot for the Sailor Moon Step has changed. No mistaken-bad-guy Pluto, Nephrite-Naru still happens, Neptune and Uranus are part of the team from the start...
-- Bob
---------