Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From the "Sailor Moon" Step
Re: One hell of a divergence
Exactly, Nathan. Currently there are two epilogues planned, or rather one largish one in two parts -- the first part is somewhere around the middle or end of what would have been the Doom Tree saga, with Ami reporting that she's finally discovered what happened to Doug after the fall of the Dark Kingdom. The second half is a flashforward to a Crystal Tokyo that bears the stamp of Doug's influence on the Senshi.

-- Bob
---------
It's spelt "Frodo Baggins" but it's pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove."
Re: re:One hell of a divergence
Makes me wonder if the Dark Moon War ever occured at all in this new time frame?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Re: Re: re:One hell of a divergence

-- Bob
---------
Hmm, geee...
I think that it's been nullified - mostly. Cause hopefully a fair bit of Doug's training stuck or some decent advisors found and that those frigging genus of plans: a.) Crystal Tokyo, land of sheeple controled by the whims of Tzarina Serenity and the Bourgeoisie Sailor Scouts, created by Them and as a result elimination a large number of Earth population in the process; and b.) the forced emigration to Nemesis of all people resistant to the binding, against the new rulling power, and criminals too.
Why yes, it does appear that I do have a issue with Crystal Tokyo. I think it's a matter of spin, use it right and people'd think that Palpitine's Galactic Empire was a good thing eventhou it was run by a Sith Lord.
Yet, there's a small possibly that my hated version of Crystal Tokyo resulted from choosing the easy solution to a problem - what the problem is/was, we can only extrapolate from small details gleamed from the source.
Bah, or when all else fails blame Sailor Pluto, it seems to work for some.
--Rod.H
"I just worked it out. If the Ultimate Force forbids your side from actively interfering, that means the Doublet System prevents Demons from doing it too....I'll be, Tokyo therefore is one huge mystical DMZ. With an exeption for Silver Millenium problems."
Quote:
Presumably, like those of DW, the DW-SM epilogs take place -after- His Musical Silliness has already departed, showing how things have changed thanks to the Visitor.
You mean things like a 10 foot tall Lunarian Crystal statue of a certain Rabbit in the East Wing's Royal Garden?
or
The Semi-annual Pieing of Sailor Pluto?
Quote:
You mean things like a 10 foot tall Lunarian Crystal statue of a certain Rabbit in the East Wing's Royal Garden?
While that would be completely in character for Doug, somehow I can't see him doing it without making sure that the statue a) broke into song (preferably something from Bugs' repetoire) on the hour, b) held conversations with random passersby, c) contributed to the aforementioned semi-annual pieing, or (of course) d) all of the above.Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
"Bugs, what is the zen of metal.ball?"
- CD
ETA: "Metal.ball falls in the water. Plop."What, you think Samuel L. Jackson isn't going to survive the zombie apocalypse?
SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
-- Bob
---------
Man, I *hate* it when he does that.
...well, more precisely, I *love* to hate it when he does that....
You know, I've been thinking...
... and I'm coming to the conclusion that I could post the epilogues to the Sailor Moon Step and they wouldn't be a spoiler for the story as a whole.
But they would spoil themselves...

-- Bob
---------
Honestly, much as I'd like to read them, I wouldn't recommend you post them - not only because they'd probably be better if read in their proper sequence (i.e., after the Step itself), but because there is always the possibility that in the course of writing the Step you might wind up wanting to revise the epilogues in some way... and that's harder to do once they've been released.
Well, yeah, that's pretty much what I meant above -- part of the delight of the epilogues (at least in my mind) is showing the ripple effect Doug has had. And telling that too early spoils it.
And you're right -- details may change. Right now I've got two parallel and differing lines on how Luna regards Doug -- and the choice between them will determine how at least part of the first epilogue plays out.

-- Bob
---------
Which Luna?
The decent one from the manga?
The biddy from the anime?
The plush toy of doom?
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
Which Luna? Good question. Probably the anime biddy, since I'll be basically retelling (and horribly distorting) season one. But as I noted a summer or two back when I got the season one DVDs box set, anime Luna isn't half the hidebound paranoid bitch she comes across as in fanfiction, especially Metroanime's.

-- Bob
---------
Luna in the anime wasn't bad, until Usagi was revealed to be the princess. The few times she actuallly threatened Usagi before the princess nonsense was when people's lives were on the line.(Miss Haruna in the gym of doom comes to mind)
Luna did work with Usagi when dealing with that sonic vampire and did give Usagi advice(Don't rely on other people to solve your problems all the time).

When Usagi was revealed to be Princess Serenity, Luna did try to guide Usagi into becoming what a princess should be in her mind. However, she really didn't have much time before things spiralled out of control with Metalia.
In Sailor Moon R, Luna did her best to keep Usagi and the other girls out of it. Before restoring Usagi's memories, she hoped that Usagi would forgive her.
Luna did nag Usagi at being responsible, but Usagi is not exactly the most motivated of people unless it comes to her friends.
I'd say that until the princess nonsense comes up, Doug and Luna will be okay with each other. When it comes up there will be a difference of opinions, but not to the point they hate each other.

Since you are going to warp the anime, are you going to have Minako grab the Crystal Sword while on the moon and have Doug teach Sailor Venus some swordsmanship?
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
Quote:
Since you are going to warp the anime, are you going to have Minako grab the Crystal Sword while on the moon and have Doug teach Sailor Venus some swordsmanship?
Dunno yet. Depends on the needs of the plot when it develops that far. At the moment, my only thoughts on the moon visit is having Doug watching the girls talking with the projection of Serenity and singing Paul Simon's "Mother and Child reunion" softly to himself.
"Now I would not give you false hope
On this strange and mournful day
But the mother and child reunion
Is only a motion away..."

-- Bob
---------