Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SM Step question
SM Step question
When Doug hits the Sailor Mooniverse, will he make the connection between the senshi and Lisa's brief stint as Sailor Loon in DW2?*********
There's no need to hear, I can shout you.
Re: SM Step question
Doug will immediately see the "Sailor Loon"/"Sailor Moon" parallel. And he will ask the obvious question.
Sadly, no one will have an answer for him.

-- Bob
---------
It's spelt "Frodo Baggins" but it's pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove."
>Sadly, no one will have an answer for him.
Pluto would, or she might appear to have one, as Pluto's are as annoying as Time Lords with the appalation The Doctor. Least with him there can only be thirteen of him zipping 'bout with a minimum of 4 in the same time at once. Director & writer fiat pending.
But Pluto's one of the Senshi not appearing in this story, isn't she.
--Rod.H
hmm actually given what i've gathered about pluto... (not actually watched or read tit)
she's the guardian of time right? Doug arriving squarely in the middle of things and semi-helping out with the youma disposal would definitely involve her Smile
if only because Doug isn't part of that universe's continuum :|
or like another fic I read where everybody is wondering which ressurected person Doug is because he's displaying powers beyond a normal human Big Grin
so it is possible she might be involved :S heck of a plot device though... _____________________________
JAYNE: "You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here!"
Sailor Pluto gets about as much variance in her reactions as Dumbledore post-OotP - from scheming manipulative bitch to all-knowing benefactor who just makes the occasional mistake, or maybe just likes to give that impression while letting her charges toughen themselves up for later troubles... really, the most interesting characterization I remmeber for her was in some Ranmafic where (as is often the case) the Anything Goes school carries with it an inherent link to chaos energy, and the Gates of Time are therefore unuseable as soon as the Scouts come in contact with him... she promptly seals them and goes on a spree, rejoicing that for the first time in ten thousand years she doesn't have to deal with that responsability any more. I seem to recall one of the things she does is teleport herself and Ranma to a whirlpool tub in proximity to Disneyland Florida without bringing their clothing along, and attempt to seduce him as reward for her release, but that may be from something else or just plain wrong.
- CD Let's see - tall, green hair, intelligent: nope, wouldn't kick her out of bedWhat, you think Samuel L. Jackson isn't going to survive the zombie apocalypse?
SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Quote:
-CD Let's see - tall, green hair, intelligent: nope, wouldn't kick her out of bed
I would..
more room on the floor.[Image: kokbanner.jpg]
--- Kokuten Daysleeper, Retired Epicced Officered DorfWire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Before I even heard of Sailor Moon, I had read the Joe Dever Lone Wolf novels(Not the pick-a-path books. The novels) One of the main characters, Alyss, was truly obnoxious as a person, but she had a reason to be. She could see the entire tapestry of time, both past and future. Mr. Dever took us inside her head and showed us that she made her choices on what was the best for the future of the planet. She was really hoping that a villian would do something stupid(attack her), so she could wipe him out. But he didn't, so she had to let him go. I look at Sailor Pluto and see a simmilar position in comparison to Alyss.
As to whether or not Pluto gets involved is another matter. I tend to doubt it. Her first responsibility is to the welfare of her Princess. Doug is teaching Usagi how to be a better person, so Pluto will just step aside and leave Doug alone.
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
I quite honestly am in a bind in regards to Pluto. My first instinct is not to use her since she's not in the canon first season. And, from what I understand, whether or not she is secretly watching over the Inners during that period depends on whether you're considering anime or manga and how you interpret a few vague statements.
Hm. Truth. My first instinct was not to not make use of her; my first instinct was to use her in a very "Metroanime"-style role as the geased "protector of the future", having been exposed to far more of Gregg Sharp's vision of her than anyone else's at the time. But I've changed my mind on that, and I suspect also that Pluto's got a lot more latitude than Metroanime and other writers give her. My current plans for the story do include her, but at the moment, her only appearance is in the very last paragraph of the epilogue. Which is a lot better (for her) than my original plans, which were to have Doug kill her in the mistaken belief that she was a Dark Kingdom operative (otherwise why else would she be trying to kill him first?).

-- Bob
---------
It's spelt "Frodo Baggins" but it's pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove."
hhmmm Cd got a link to the stroy you described?_____________________________
JAYNE: "You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here!"
WF: Sorry, no link, I barely even remember it let alone anything searchable. I probably found it googling on "setsuna and ranma" or "pluto and ranma" or the reverses (including quotation marks) but I know there'll be incredible mountains of crap churned up on any of those - because as I said, I've done it.
- CD
What, you think Samuel L. Jackson isn't going to survive the zombie apocalypse?

SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
oh well, I guess I'll give it a go too just to see if i can unearth this gem Big Grin
I'll let you knwo if I manage to get past the barrier of crap XP_____________________________
oh well, I guess I'll give it a go too just to see if i can unearth this gem Big Grin
I'll let you know if I manage to get past the barrier of crap XP_____________________________