Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Teaser for a future project

...someone else should write the SM/40K crossover with Serenity I as the Goddess/Empress of Mankind...

And thank you, BA. You should see the parts of this scene I haven't posted.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
...someone else should write the SM/40K crossover with Serenity I as the Goddess/Empress of Mankind...

And thank you, BA. You should see the parts of this scene I haven't posted.
There was a project on Spacebattles where they crossed SM and 40K on the assumption that Princess Serenity was reincarnated and found on Terra after the Unification. Look for Lovehammer there, IIRC.

Bob Wrote:And thank you, BA. You should see the parts of this scene I haven't posted.
Yes we should!  Post now!!11!  Want more1!!
I'm afraid we're not going to get much more soon, because with talks of the blackouts, it feels like this won't happen in the first couple chapters.
Quote:*Elder.* Rei's eyes widened with realization. She had expected

Doug would somehow *create* a train with the song. She now

realized that Doug had done something else entirely. No matter

what it looked like, this was no mere machine, no mere construct

of magical power, in front of them.

It was a kami. Just as in the play, the Starlight Express was a

kami.
Oh Rei, you've always been a smart one.
Also Wikipedia helpfully points out that Starlight Express had two tours in Japan, in 1987 and 1990, so if we're anywhere close to homeline or Stupidworld (the Erfworld term for our universe), Rei would have had plenty of chance to see the play.  Of course, now I need to figure out how to see this play.  So far from Broadway, it's not easy to see good theatre on the west coast.
-- ∇×V

I knew about the Japan tours, and 1990 was the one I had in mind, which would make Rei 11 or 12 at the time.

As for seeing the play now... you might be better off getting the original Broadway or London cast album. The story has undergone pretty much one major mutation per production since it first premiered, and in many ways is not the same show it was when it started. Fortunately, it plays almost like an opera, so you won't lose any story (that I know of).
-- Bob
---------

YouTube has a recording from Tuachan Amphitheatre. http://www.youtube.com/v/rYi7qzdIIGY&ve ... tube_gdata
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

I'll have to watch that and see how closely it matches the show as I know it. (I listened to my tape of it enough, long ago, to have it semi-memorized; you know that state when you can't necessarily quote everything, but you know what's coming next a few seconds ahead, and when it's not what you expect it's very discordant....)
Edit:  Just started watching... and already one thing:  while the framing device of being a child's train set come to life was part of the original concept, it wasn't in the show as I learned it.  At some point it was added back in...
Edit 2:  Dear gods, the guy they got to be Electra is awful.  Oh, and the "Hip-Hoppers" were "Rocky" in the original, for the Rocky I through Rocky III joke.
-- Bob
---------

Just so you know, Bob, I imagine this fellow having a voice that is somewhere between that of the Rock Eater from The Neverending Story and Darth Vader.

Perhaps a more articulate and aristocratic version of Vin Diesel's voice when he did the Iron Giant?

I'm afraid he'll always sound like the performer from my original cast album tape in my head, but neither of your suggestions would be wrong, really.
-- Bob
---------