Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defenders of Steel?
Defenders of Steel?
I'm not any good at all at actually writing stories, but I can still describe the scenario and hope it inspires somebody with actual talent and skill.
Sailor Venus is alone, outnumbered, and outgunned. She acquits herself well, but is eventually overwhelmed. She is on her hands and knees, struggling to rise. The leader of her opponents is about to deal the death blow with his sword, but his blade is blocked by the blade of a naginata – a blade which appears to be made of ice. Pan up along the naginata's length to reveal that its wielder is Sailor Mercury, and she is not amused. Doug and the other Senshi are quickly dispatching the few remaining mooks, and Sailor Venus recovers to lead the ass-kicking of the poor fool who failed to realize that if you mess with one Senshi, sooner or later you'll have to deal with them all, all at once.
I can see by the look that you have in your eyes
You came here for metal, to fight and to die
Defenders of Steel, now we are home!

I don't know if it's canon or fanon, but "metal" is supposedly part of the bailiwick of Sailor Venus. Similarly, many fan works grant signature weapons to Senshi other than Venus and the Outers; Sailor Mercury's is usually either a pair of tessen (war fans), or a staff which Mercury can turn into a wide variety of bladed polearms.
I know Bob's declared "Call to Arms" to be a power song, but it would make a perfect theme for an "everybody rescues Venus" scenario, wouldn't it?

To my knowledge, the Venus/metal thing is sort of canon. The Senshi's powers are based off of a mix of eastern and western mythology and astrology. Venus is associated with the element of metal in Chinese astrology and alchemy, and one of her attacks creates a metal-like chain, so that's where the Venus metal thing comes from. Unless I've mixed something up, in which case please ignore all this.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.