Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey, look! Remake!
Hey, look! Remake!
Anime News Network: Sailor Moon Manga Gets New Anime Series in Summer 2013

[Image: 19468722a6307861379l.jpg]

No word on whether anybody will be reprising their original roles, although Kotono Mitsuishi "is eager to play a role in it." (I recall that Tomisawa-san is retired, but Hisakawa-san is still working as a seiyuu...)

Edit: Moon Chase says Mitsuishi-san and Toru Furuya are confirmed to be reprising, so Usagi and Mamoru get the same voices... if this isn't just a misreading of the two of them being at the announcement.

Re-edit: Moetron says it's the manga continuity

--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Michie Tomizawa isn't retired enough to turn down the role of Roberta in Black Lagoon recently, and she's supposedly been retired since 2001. i wouldn't count her out of returning either.

I would undoubtedly watch this, but I am skeptical that it can follow in the shoes of the last incarnation. Depends on how they go with it, I suppose. More of Serenity being kind of psycho obsessed the world can burn if I don't have Endymion could be interesting, to balance Usagi.
"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power. Its burning grip tells me to defeat you....
Shining FINGER!" -Domon Kashuu, Mobile Fighter G Gundam

BITCHIN'! ^_^

Well, that's possibly one of the reasons why the original's become hard to get. Still not sure if I want.

Do not want, but for a different reason. Wouldnt this mean that Bob has to put off writing S because of his desire not to infringe by writing for an active property?

No offense, but I like Bob's writing and would love to see his take on all of this. (by which I mean the story, not if he thinks he should put it on haiatus because its active again)
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

As I understand it, the original-anime continuity is complete. This is going to be (based on) the manga continuity - a completely different kettle of fish.

So it shouldn't stop Bob from writing DW:S, if I understand correctly.
--
Rob Kelk

The creator of Sailor Moon does not really care about people making fanfics or fan arts of her works, so that really shouldn't be a problem for Bob.
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor

Yes, ShinD is correct. Since I learned that Takeuchi actually encourages people to write Sailor Moon fanfic, it's not been on my "properties to leave alone while live" list.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

She does?  That's pretty generous of her! *thumbs up*
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"

Yes. She is.

Hajime Kanzaka is another who allows fanfics and fanart of his works while it is still live. Slayers has been going on and on and on. It's up to about 60 text novels currently...maybe more. Although Bob removed it from DW, it is still a property that he would be able to use even though it is still live.

DC also allows fanfics and fanart of their works, as long as you stay away from smut. FauxDC and Five Earths Project are still up and running, even after all this time. Heck any Time/Warner poperty is valid, as long as the smut/lemon/hentai ideas are left alone and not used.

Marvel comics? They got bought out by Disney, and I do recall Disney vs the Nursery School.
--------------------

ShinDangaioh Wrote:Marvel comics? They got bought out by Disney, and I do recall Disney vs the Nursery School.
Actually, three day care centers... according to Snopes.com

--
Rob Kelk

Slayers was once part of the Walk, and got removed? Awww...

Though, given the scope of the project, I can understand.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

There's a partial Slayers Stagger on the Fic^2 page, written by Murmur the Fallen, if you want to check it out.

-- Bob
---------

Pyeknu Wrote:She does?  That's pretty generous of her! *thumbs up*
She reads Sailor Moon fanfic.  And doujinshi.
I'd qualify it as brave of her. Big Grin
--Sam
"Well that guy's nekkid."

She is probably also taking a good hard look at the Precure/Pretty Cure property and realizes that the Sailor Senshi need to be upgraded somewhat.

http://www.youtube.com/wa...r_embedded&v=S5KX6rrsMSQ

http://www.youtube.com/wa...r_embedded&v=i3yv9SjYoHQ
--------------------

Screw that. Nanoha Takamachi, aka Little Miss Bikini Atoll.

You do not piss with mommy or else she will track you down and shoot you like a dog.

<looks at original Pretty Cure eps still on his hard drive> <looks at ShinD's links>

Am I the only one thinking that the Pretty Cure franchies has gotten bizarrely baroque and far away from its roots?

-- Bob
---------

I wouldn't know. Haven't seen any of it.