Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A random thought...
A random thought...
In a thread on the SJGames forum, I was referred to this old FedEx ad, and one reference in it got me thinking a bit...

Who else can totally imagine Sailor Mercury with a Night Vision Tiara (as opposed to her usual HUD Tiara)?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Heh.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I'm just seeing this as a Mixed-Up Packages trope.
Usagi: "This isn't my new dress!"
Ami: "It looks like combat gear for a soldier...."
Doug: "We can work with this."
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Mm. Maybe. But Doug's mostly about showing them that their powers are far more flexible than they first thought. So it just might work out that the tiara does night vision if Ami approaches it correctly...
-- Bob
---------

I wouldn't be surprised if Ami's HUD did have a night vision mode at about the modern MILSPEC level of effectiveness.  The Silver Millennium items they get from the mooncats seem to be at about a 2010-2015 level of technology, like the communication devices.  Video chat phones would have been cool as hell in the mid 1990s, but now they actually exist.  And the same with netbook-sized microcomputers, although the power of Ami's isn't given -- it probably calculates at the speed of plot anyway.
-- ∇×V

Hmmmmm... Considering what the HUD Tiara was shown as doing in the first movie, I suspect it can at least simulate a night vision scan...
--
Rob Kelk

Sailor Moon also has a few things that came default with her initial transformation, that she only used in the first episode/chapter, IIRC. Were the glasses that let her see Naru being attacked, and the ear things that let her hear her screaming from all the way in her bedroom, manga only, or were they in the anime too. And there was also the things that amplified her crying, which stunned the youma, which I am sure was in the anime.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Jorlem Wrote:Sailor Moon also has a few things that came default with her initial transformation, that she only used in the first episode/chapter, IIRC. Were the glasses that let her see Naru being attacked, and the ear things that let her hear her screaming from all the way in her bedroom, manga only, or were they in the anime too.
I don't remember them in the manga, but it's been a while since I read that...

Jorlem Wrote:And there was also the things that amplified her crying, which stunned the youma, which I am sure was in the anime.
Definitely in the anime, and used in a grand total of two episodes over the entire 200-episode run.
--
Rob Kelk

There were, in terms of creative applications, quite a few things that Usagi did in the anime that happened all of once. During the hunt for the crystals, she used her tiara in several different ways, power drain, as a bludgeon to stun a youma that was a transformed human. Not so much for the live action, but the anime at least had her with multiple applications(usually only once, mind). Her tiara in the first season was a multipurpose gadget for whatever she needed(think she de-zombifiied people with it in one episode?)

Be interesting to see what Bob comes up with for her and the others though. Smile
"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power. Its burning grip tells me to defeat you....
Shining FINGER!" -Domon Kashuu, Mobile Fighter G Gundam

robkelk Wrote:
Jorlem Wrote:Sailor Moon also has a few things that came default with her initial transformation, that she only used in the first episode/chapter, IIRC. Were the glasses that let her see Naru being attacked, and the ear things that let her hear her screaming from all the way in her bedroom, manga only, or were they in the anime too.

I don't remember them in the manga, but it's been a while since I read that...

chibipoe Wrote:Be interesting to see what Bob comes up with for her and the others though. Smile
There've been some hints -- look at all the appearances of  post-DW-S Sailor Jupiter in various stories, including Legend of Galactic Girls, Dead Bang and the half-baked Avengers thing I posted over in Future Steps.  There might even be other material; I can't recall if I ever posted the image spec for the Step that I've shopped around to various artists over the years, but if I did, it holds a whole lot of information.  I don't have the time to look for it right now, though.
-- Bob
---------