Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just some odd questions
Just some odd questions
1. Does Setsuna ever know that the Pluto was downgraded?
2. Is there a planet X beyond Pluto in the 'verse? The NEOWise survey just came out recently and and data analysis  does not reveal a Saturn or Jupiter sized planet within 0.1- 0.2 light year from the earth.
 http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronom ... lanet.html
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

1) There's an episode of Sailor Moon S where the Outer Senshi discuss their spheres with Tuxedo Kamen. Pluto is shown as a gas giant with rings and multiple large moons. Obviously, it isn't like that now.

So, yes, Setsuna likely knows Pluto's been downgraded. She might not know that the IAU has followed suit.

2) Beats me...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

We could say that that's not really Pluto - after Metalia's first rampage through the solar system, all that was left of Pluto was one of its moons. It would even explain the crazy orbit it's on.

I like that.

Pluto's role in the story is minimal -- an observer, uninvolved, sitting at the Gates trying to map out the changes Doug's causing, nodding and munching popcorn while doing so.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Ah, subverting the "Sailor Pluto keeps history on track to ensure Crystal Tokyo comes into existence" fanfic trope...

("What? Somebody's changing the timestream? I have to ... hey, this is even better than what Queen Serenity wanted. Let's wait and see what happens." )
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

10 points to Rob. Let me put it this way -- Crystal Tokyo still comes into existence with Doug's input. Just in unexpected ways that don't conflict with the (fanon?) commandment.
EDIT:  Sadly, things aren't quite as fun for Sailor Saturn.  She's similarly out of the picture for the duration of the story, but for reasons that are far less fun and amusing. 
-- Bob
---------

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
10 points to Rob. Let me put it this way -- Crystal Tokyo still comes into existence with Doug's input. Just in unexpected ways that don't conflict with the (fanon?) commandment.
EDIT:  Sadly, things aren't quite as fun for Sailor Saturn.  She's similarly out of the picture for the duration of the story, but for reasons that are far less fun and amusing. 
Ah, pity. Hotaru was one of my favorite Senshi.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Quote:Pluto's role in the story is minimal -- an observer, uninvolved, sitting
at the Gates trying to map out the changes Doug's causing, nodding and
munching popcorn while doing so.
The mental image made me lol.  I really want to see this illustrated.
Quote:Sadly, things aren't quite as fun for Sailor Saturn.  She's similarly
out of the picture for the duration of the story, but for reasons that
are far less fun and amusing.
Yeah.  Pretty much as I'd expect.  She would have been living with Professor Tomoe during season 1 in canon.  And without a certain small lady around, I doubt her life would be much fun.
-- ∇×V

Best sources I have say she first got implanted with what became Mistress 9 offscreen during the first season. An unexpected consequence of Doug directly helping Usagi early on prevents this -- but not in a happy way.

That's all I'm going to say right now.
Quote:The mental image made me lol. I really want to see this illustrated.
If you mean literally, as opposed to seeing it in-story, well, I have several picture ideas for this Step that I'd love to have a fan artist do up -- but I've never found one willing to attempt the one I want most.  Adding this to the list would actually be fun. 
-- Bob
---------