Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current Events: Church of Sailor Moon
Current Events: Church of Sailor Moon
Well, okay, not really. But on Sunday the 22nd of May, 2016, the Canadian Unitarian Council affirmed the following vision statement at its annual general meeting: "As Canadian Unitarian Universalists, we envision a world in which our interdependence calls us to love and justice." (Emphasis mine.) I mean, promoting justice and compassion was already a core tenet of the religion, but now we're actually quoting Sailor Moon at people.

Well, it was a Canadian translation and dub, after all...

Of course, the time to get worried is when your clergy start slinging giant pink hearts at evil-doers.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Bah. Heretics! Everyone knows that the world will be saved by Love and Peace! And in the true spirit of our founder, I'll SHOOT anyone who says otherwise!
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Quote:Ebony wrote:
Bah. Heretics! Everyone knows that the world will be saved by Love and Peace! And in the true spirit of our founder, I'll SHOOT anyone who says otherwise!
The world will be saved by steam.  "Love and Peace," indeed.  
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
Of course, the time to get worried is when your clergy start slinging giant pink hearts at evil-doers.
Why? You can say a lot of things about the originator of that but she's pretty much always spot on about people deserving getting a giant pink heart to the face. It's certainly it's more reliable than any terrestrial authority has ever managed.

Quote:Hazard wrote:
Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
Why? You can say a lot of things about the originator of that but she's pretty much always spot on about people deserving getting a giant pink heart to the face. It's certainly it's more reliable than any terrestrial authority has ever managed.
Yeah, she was.  But have you evidence that the Canadians, lacking magical-girl powers, are so accurate?
Edit:  In the interests of avoiding an international incident, I feel it necessary to say that I didn't mean to single Canadians out for insult.  I'm sure most Canadians are, like the overwhelming majority of humanity, clueless but not actually ill-intentioned.  Note that the words "not actually ill-intentioned" are all that disqualify me from this demographic.

Thank you for your cooperation.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Good point, but has anyone else demonstrated the ability to swing giant pink hearts at evil-doers?

Nora Valkyrie, during the Vytal Festival tournament. Of course, it was a giant pink heart made of grenades...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

DHBirr Wrote:
Quote:Hazard wrote:
Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:Of course, the time to get worried is when your clergy start slinging giant pink hearts at evil-doers.
Yeah, she was.  But have you evidence that the Canadians, lacking magical-girl powers, are so accurate?
Fine, fine... (puts supply of pink hearts back into storage)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote:Of course, the time to get worried is when your clergy start slinging giant pink hearts at evil-doers.
I'm pretty sure crusader Unitarians are the last thing we need to worry about.
This joke was brought to you by Powder Milk Biscuits, in the blue box with the picture of the biscuit on the label.
-- ∇×V