Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little treat before we leave for vacation...
A little treat before we leave for vacation...
"Okay," I said after swallowing.  "Enough about me, then.  Let'stalk about you."
"Ooookay," Sailor Moon mumbled dubiously around her spoon.  Luna
looked at me suspiciously over her sandwich.  
I held up a french fry and gestured with it like it was a
pointer.  "Sailor V.  Sailor Moon.  What's the connection betweenyou two?  Some kind of franchise deal?"
Sailor Moon opened her mouth to answer, then closed it.  Then sheturned to her ... pet?  partner?  companion?  "You know, Luna,that's a really good question," she said.  "You just showed up
tonight and told me I was Sailor Moon, and then I transformed and
I heard Naru calling for help, and then everything else all
happened, and this is the first chance I've had to think about it
all.  Do you know Sailor V?  Am I supposed to be her partner or
something?"
I was pretty sure the black cat was Luna's native form, but itwas a very *human* expression of panic and uncertainty that swept
across her face for a fraction of a second before she schooled
her features into something more confident -- even arrogant.  "That is not something I should be revealing to a random strangerin a cheap restaurant," she declared haughtily.  "When we returnto your home, Sailor Moon, I shall explain everything."
Translation for those who don't speak Cat:  "That will give me
enough time to get my story straight."
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Poor Luna. You and Sam Beckett have it pretty hard.

Oh, and Artemis...

...and Jason Bourne...

I think I'll just stop here. *sweatdrops*

Edit: Added first 'and' where it should have been. Sorry!

Hah!  Can't wait to see Doug REALLY get to grill Luna.  Big Grin
Quote:DeputyJones wrote:
Poor Luna. You Sam Beckett have it pretty hard.

Oh, and Artemis...

...and Jason Bourne...

.... I don't think I get it.  Sad

Quote:Black Aeronaut wrote:
Hah!  Can't wait to see Doug REALLY get to grill Luna.  Big Grin
Quote:DeputyJones wrote:
Poor Luna. You Sam Beckett have it pretty hard.

Oh, and Artemis...

...and Jason Bourne...

.... I don't think I get it.  Sad
Amnesia and other Swiss cheese memories.

Deputy Jones' post would have likely made a bit more sense if it had read, "You _and_ Sam Beckett have it pretty hard."

At any rate, can you imagine the stink-eye Luna's gonna get from Doug when Sailor Venus and Artemis finally make their appearance? Big Grin

Luna's gonna get a lot of looks from Doug, I suspect.

Matrix Dragon Wrote:Luna's gonna get a lot of looks from Doug, I suspect.
Doug is well-mannered and well-behaved, and would never dream of giving Luna such looks.

And if you'll buy that, I've got the deed to the Rainbow Bridge here...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

A lot less if Luna owns up to having little immediately useful information, I would expect.

Then again, it depends on if Doug is in the manga or in the anime, as the manga is a lot faster paced.

Careful Doug, if you keep asking questions like that in Sailor Moon, you're liable to fall into a plot hole!
timote Wrote:Deputy Jones' post would have likely made a bit more sense if it had read, "You _and_ Sam Beckett have it pretty hard."
The problem with Sam Beckett is usually too many conjunctions, not too few.
Of course, now I want to see a Quantum Leap steplet.  I bet Eimi and Al would get along quite well.
Hazard Wrote:Then again, it depends on if Doug is in the manga or in the anime, as the manga is a lot faster paced.
It was stated quite long ago that he's in the anime world.
-- ∇×V

Which would explain why I'd forgotten.

But yes, in the anime world, even if Luna is screwing up her initial briefing the cats show themselves as quite competent as things go on, especially as support personnel. That'd redeem them a fair bit in Doug's eye I think.

Yeah, but consider that Luna's memory is so screwed up at this point that she's forgotten what the princess looks like and that there wasn't a senshi of the moon, and has already mistaken the one for the other... I've put a fair bit of thought into Luna's psychology at this point in the series, and yeah, if/when Doug learns of the memory damage he will be sympathetic, but while all he gets is the arrogance and "I know all" attitude, he's going to be at odds with her -- especially if he thinks she's got ulterior motives for empowering Usagi.
-- Bob
---------

At the same time that 'I know it all' attitude would be a comfort to Usagi, who's basically a teenager conscripted into an existential war. Having someone who knows what's going on, or can at least fake knowing it, would keep her from panicking over much. It's just that there is an already divinely empowered , experienced champion of good ready to take on the tactical command and training duties that would otherwise be Luna's that makes the arrogance much less needed as a front to keep the world's defense from collapsing.

Not exactly nice, and probably something you've already considered, but understandable. And it doesn't help that Luna at least was a political advisor at best, rather than military, and more likely an unusually well connected and comprehensibly educated nanny. Artemis' position is less certain, but probably similar.

Hazard Wrote:... And it doesn't help that Luna at least was a political advisor at best, rather than military, and more likely an unusually well connected and comprehensibly educated nanny. Artemis' position is less certain, but probably similar.
Isn't all of that fanon? All we really know is what was in that one flashback episode.
--
Rob Kelk

Quite probable, but it's reasonable fanon, especially when you consider their behaviour in the series.

True enough.

On the other paw, we all know what Bob has done with fanon in the rest of the Drunkard's Walk...
--
Rob Kelk

I, for one, eagerly await how Bob spin's Luna's involvement in everything. The memory damage angle is a beautiful one - something I honestly wish that I'd thought of for DSKS...

I'll have to see what I can do with it.

Quote:At the same time that 'I know it all' attitude would be a comfort to Usagi
I'm of the opinion that it's also a comfort to Luna. The more she can convince herself that she's right, the less she has to worry about how much she's forgotten.
-- Bob
---------

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
Quote:At the same time that 'I know it all' attitude would be a comfort to Usagi
I'm of the opinion that it's also a comfort to Luna. The more she can convince herself that she's right, the less she has to worry about how much she's forgotten.
At the very least, it would allow her to focus on the immediate dangers without falling into self-doubt.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

If Dunning Kruger had a kitten, it's name would be Luna?

Quote:If Dunning Kruger had a kitten
What is it about this thread that people keep forgetting to use "and" between nouns?
-- ∇×V

vorticity Wrote:
Quote:If Dunning Kruger had a kitten
What is it about this thread that people keep forgetting to use "and" between nouns?

Okay... so, instead of wondering "who is Dunning Kruger?", I should be wondering "who are Dunning and Kruger?"
--
Rob Kelk

Maybe Dartz didn't realize that Dunning and Kruger are two different people.
After looking up their original paper, I was surprised to see that Kruger was listed as the first author.