Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An *extremely* specialized song
An *extremely* specialized song
"Why Does the Sun Shine?", by They Might Be Giants.
Useful if the sun goes out, as in D.C.'s "Final Night" crossover. Or, potentially, if Doug's stuck in a universe with a pre-Copernican cosmology.
Otherwise, I don't really see it doing anything other than ensuring that the sun continues to exist, the visible effects of which should be minimal.
At first, I was afraid it would summon "a mass of incandescent gas", but fortunately, "the sun is far away".
Re: An *extremely* specialized song
>At first, I was afraid it would summon "a mass of incandescent gas", but fortunately, "the sun is far away".
It could still do that, but 'far away', with the end result being that 'Earth' is now in a binary system... That could get complex and problematic, though...
-Z
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programms, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
Oh, come on. Doug's not that powerful. If he were, imagine what the result of "Black Hole Sun" might have been instead of what was in chapter 11.
(Although, it was a running joke in the campaign for many years that the songs that don't seem to do anything for Doug were actually blowing up stars in some distant galaxy...)

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
> Oh, come on. Doug's not that powerful. If he were, imagine what the
> result of "Black Hole Sun" might have been instead of what was in chapter 11.
Doug's not that powerful on his own, but I imagine that for something like the Sun going out, he could probably get external assistance to power his magegift.
So are there songs that allow him to take advantage of such things? I wonder if the Beatles' Help might allow others to help him power his next song, a "keying" song like I'm Singing For You has been shown to be.
Actually, "Help!" has been in his repertoire since I created him -- it teleports the Warriors to his current location, as long as they are on the same plane of existence, and within the diameter of Earth from him.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.