Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Computer-based song
Computer-based song
It's rather self-explanatory. "I'm going digital" should give some rather interesting powers for cyberspace navigation.
Re: Computer-based song
I'm not familiar with it. Who's the artist, and when was it released? Thanks.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
It's from the soundtrack CD of "Digimon: The Movie"
Ah, that explains why I haven't heard of it.
I'll investigate. Thanks!

-- Bob
---------
Well, there's the old Rush song (I think it's Rush) that has the binary refrain ("One zero zero, one zero zero, one zero zero...") and the name escapes me. Queensryche also did a song called "I Dream in Infrared" I think (it's been more than 10 years since I heard it) that might be appropriate. Several songs off of Billy Idol's "Cyberpunk" album might also work. I've got "Neuromancer" on my Cyberpunk fanfic soundtrack that I'm working on.
Ebony the Black Dragon
aka Draco Draconis Ebenium
known to SF-FWA as Aaron F. Johnson
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Quote:
Well, there's the old Rush song (I think it's Rush) that has the binary refrain ("One zero zero, one zero zero, one zero zero..." ) and the name escapes me.
That would be "The Body Electric" off of the Grace Under Pressure album.
A very appropriate song for a boomer character, now that I think of it.
-Logan
Or a netrunner. A friend suggested it for my Cybergen soundtrack, since one of the character types is the Wizard, a nanobot-enhanced hacker that can perceive the Internet visually and access it without a deck.
Ebony the Black Dragon
aka Draco Draconis Ebenium
known to R. Talsorian Games as Aaron F. Johnson
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Gamer by Pre-Shrunk, gives Doug the abilitys of a l33t LPB 3D shooter player for three minutes. And no doubt chucks in the appropate BFGs.
--Rod.H
-~o Putting in the hours, like a stalker; Using the force like the Good Lord Vader; I'm on the trigger before I turn any corner; I want ya ta hear me coming for ya. o~-
Interesting... Doug can't have too many hacking and gaming songs.
-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Gamer by Pre-Shrunk, gives Doug the abilitys of a l33t LPB 3D shooter player for three minutes. And no doubt chucks in the appropate BFGs.
And god mode. Can't forget the god mode.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
And god mode. Can't forget the god mode.
True, true, that's my perferred play mode - how else am I gonna play with the hords when I'm loaded with HE. But what about clipping and fly modes, they can be handy sometimes, even if they do tend to induce motion sickness in me.
--Rod.H
Actually, most first-person shooters make me headachy and vaguely nauseous. Although I doubt Doug would react that way...
-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Actually, most first-person shooters make me headachy and vaguely nauseous.
My theory on that, is that it has something to do with framerates and picture resolution, when the framerate drops past a certain level, the motion depicted conflicts with the motion expected and nausea results. That's how it seems to apply to me with a minor case of a mental trick similating physical feedback.

Quote:
Although I doubt Doug would react that way...

I suppose it would depend on what method of emulating clipping he'd use, as moving through a void with distant blured boundaries sure does that to me.
--Rod.H
Actually, certain games use a special way of propagating the image that makes some people like me dizzy. Particularly first person shooters that use engines based off of the Doom engine. The way the image is refreshed is actually in a spiral pattern in small blocks around the screen. So that the newest image is always at the center of the screen rather than up at the top left and scrolling over and down.
Some people can actually pick up on that and it makes them dizzy. I'm one of them. I can't even watch Doom-style games for very long before having to look away, much less play them.
Any game that propagates its images in a more conventional way I can play with no problems.
Generally, I prefer strategy games, so I rarely play FPS's, so the differences between various engines have never made themselves known to me.

-- Bob
---------