Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fushigi Yuugi
Fushigi Yuugi
I like the show. A lot. I like the character of Yui even more.
And, more importantly, I like the music. So I went looking for mp3s.
Well, I found several. One of them, however, was from the character vocal collections.
It was so cool, I thought of Doug. The effect I see is giving him the power to summon (and, for a few minutes, control) one screaming howling hailing galeing mother-whopper of a thunderstorm.

Aoi Arashi
nemuru mori wo zawamekase
tori no mure ga nigete-iku
kowai kurai utsukushii hoshi no shita ni
saa tatsu no
A flock of birds flies away,
stirring the sleeping forest.
Underneath the almost frighteningly beautiful stars,
I stand
me wo tojite inoru toki
kono sekai ga owaru
When I close my eyes to pray,
this world shall end.
hashiridashita inazuma ga
watashi no koe matte-iru
shinjitai to omotteta
anata no kao utsushite'ru
The lightning that came racing out of the sky
is waiting for my voice.
Picturing your face,
I thought I wanted to believe you.
komiageru nikushimi ni
kokoro wo kimete-iku
With welling anger,
my heart was decided.
kiete shimae aisarete'ta maboroshi-tachi yo towa ni
uragirareta mune no itami
ima omoishireba ii
aoi arashi ga kuru
Vanish forever, illusions who have loved me.
It's best that I realize now
the pain of a heart that was betrayed.
A blue storm comes.
kaze wa ikari arekurui
sora wa koware kudakete mo
sou yo negai kanau nara
ashita nante hoshikunai
The wind rages angrily,
even if the sky is destroyed.
Yes, if my wish is granted,
I won't have any such desire for a tomorrow.
anata dake shiawase ni
kesshite sase wa shinai
I'll make it so
you alone will never be happy.
awaremarete ataerareru
ai nanka wa iranai
nido to daremo
watashi no koto kizutsuketari dekinai
unmei wa kono te ni
I don't need the kind of love
that gives me pity.
I can't let anyone
hurt me again.
I'll take fate into my own hands.
kiete shimae aishite-ita maboroshi-tachi yo towa ni
uragirareta mune no itami
ima omoishireba ii
aoi arashi ga kuru
Vanish forever, illusions I have loved.
It's best that I realize now
the pain of a heart that was betrayed.
A blue storm comes.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Re: Fushigi Yuugi
I liked the show, too, although I have to disagree with you -- I think Yui was an unjustified bitch for too much of it. Of course, that was mostly because of Nakago, who deserves a shotgun blast to the head no matter what his sad, sad backstory is...
But maybe I'm just bitter.
As for the song... I'd have to place it. Is that the main theme? I can't remember Japanese lyrics well enough to match what's written to what plays back inside my head.
Quote:
The effect I see is giving him the power to summon (and, for a few minutes, control) one screaming howling hailing galeing mother-whopper of a thunderstorm.
Always a useful ability.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
> I liked the show, too, although I have to disagree with you -- I think Yui was an unjustified bitch for too much of it. Of course, that was mostly because of Nakago, who deserves a shotgun blast to the head no matter what his sad, sad backstory is...
http://yui.mad-hatter.org/thoughts.html
does a better job of explaining some things than I ever could.
Basically, to me, the entire question boils down to the fact that Yui made a single stupid mistake.
Doesn't sound like that much, does it? Certainly, put that way, it's better than Miaka's track record. (I like Miaka a lot, BTW. But -lord- is she dumb sometimes.)
Except, well, that the Author (or Suzaku or the Universe) lend Miaka and company a bit of a helping hand. There's a mistake? Well, maybe things don't go as well as they could've. Some emotional distress, some extra sweat, a few more miles on the journey.
What the Author (or Seiryuu or the Universe) do to the Seiryuu bunch, otoh...
Yeah, they're fucked up and nasty and twisted. Put yourself on the recieving end of -their- so called 'lives' and see how well you turn out. They do their best. They try to have a good life. And what happens?
Nakago accidently kills his family, then gets taken as a bedslave by an abusive old bastard of an emperor. Suboshi ends up with the only source of -anything- good in his life, his brother, -dead-. Soi ends up falling for -Nakago-, 'nuff said.
And Yui... ends up causing the latter three-quarters of the Fushigi Yuugi plotline.
By making, and sticking to, one, single, stupid mistake.
I'd have slit Miaka's throat in the temple scene and had done with it.
>As for the song... I'd have to place it. Is that the main theme? I can't remember Japanese lyrics well enough to match what's written to what plays back inside my head.
By my understanding, it's from one of the character vocal albums, associated with Yui. Minor key, very pretty, very ominous. I have the mp3, which I found through Google. Although I am on Soulseek pretty constantly, if you prefer that way.
>Always a useful ability.
With blue spfx, of course.
Blessed be.
-n
===========

Okay, I just had to reply to this one (FY is way up there on my list of favorite anime series, and Yui is far and away my favorite character from FY, for a number of reasons).
Anyways, I think I'd have to disagree with your interpretation of the song's power, though I see where you're coming from. I think in this circumstance it would depend on what the metagift chooses to latch on to: the literal meaning of the words, or the underlying themes. If the former, then you're likely right, and the power (rather formidable, if you think about it) could be balanced by intense feelings of isolation for the duration of the song.
If the latter, though, you get into some interesting territory, as the theme (to me, at least) is all about vengeance for a perceived wrong. This would have some rather nasty psychological effects for Doug, but I can see it granting him a very large amount of power ("Destiny is in my hand") over those he feels have deeply wronged him.
That said, I also don't think he would ever play this if my interpretation is right; the subconscious is a funny thing, and due to said nasty psychological effects, he could very well find himself wreaking vengeance under the song's influence for things that he would never ordinarily even consider.
(By the way, have you heard "I Wish"? It is, in my mind, the essence of Yui's character distilled into a song. There's also a short music video of it that was included with the laser disc set.)
>That said, I also don't think he would ever play this if my interpretation is right; the subconscious is a funny thing, and due to said nasty psychological effects, he could very well find himself wreaking vengeance under the song's influence for things that he would never ordinarily even consider.
Either way, it would be very much a last-ditch sort of thing - in my version, he'd make the storm, and control it for the five minutes and change that the song lasts...
But the storm wouldn't leave once he lost control.
That being said, I think I like your version better - or perhaps a combination of the two, vengance executed as/by a storm.
Just because I find the visual appeal of this tremendous nightmare of lightning and wind and cloud, all in shades of blue, to be very compelling.
>(By the way, have you heard "I Wish"? It is, in my mind, the essence of Yui's character distilled into a song. There's also a short music video of it that was included with the laser disc set.)
Yes, I have, and you're right. On the other hand, I don't think that it's as good -as a song- as "Aoi Arashi".
===========

>That being said, I think I like your version better - or >perhaps a combination of the two, vengance executed as/by >a storm.
>Just because I find the visual appeal of this tremendous >nightmare of lightning and wind and cloud, all in shades of >blue, to be very compelling.
Well, given that we know Doug's subconscious loves to play up the visual aspects of a song's power, I can certainly see this.
And, as far as "I Wish" versus "Aoi Arashi," I don't think I could pick a favorite between them; I prefer the style and music of the latter, but the former has a few lines that really get to me (probably because they resonate so strongly with aspects of my own life). I do certainly see where you're coming from, though.