Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Weird Al Song
Another Weird Al Song
"Everything You Know Is Wrong"
It would be the ultimate in causing massive confusion from things working exactly the _opposite_ from the way they're supposed to. With lyrics like "Black is white, up is down, and short is long" the metagift has a whole load of fun things that might happen.
Re: Another Weird Al Song
Now the big question is whether Doug's metatalent would change people's knowledge or change reality to make everything people knew wrong.
The former might be easier (from an energy expenditure point of view), but the latter would almost certainly be more entertaining. ^^
The latter would also inevitably get into endless loops, as it changed things so that they would be wrong for one group of people, but in the process made them right for another group, and then would have to change it a third way, and so on and so on...
Mass delusions would be much easier.
-- Bob
(2/3 through polishing chapter 12, but about to go out and rake his yard before he can finish)
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Bah. Why go for "easier" when you can unzip Reality from crotch to sternum? ^^
...Though Doug'd probably only be able to power this one for about five seconds before he burned off all of his mana. But for those five seconds...yai. Lovecraftian horror at its finest, most likely.
Another possibility is that it increases his "weirdness field" to 120' for the duration.
Oh, I like that idea.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
It's definately something fun!
That, Scramble, is absolutly darn evil. ^_^"I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."

-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Hmm, I wonder how that would affect it's protective ability? Would it affect only things incoming from outside the field? Would it make the likelyhood of something getting through almost nil? Would it also cause random damaging effects to attackers within the field? Inquiring minds want to know. Oh, and me also.