Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another couple of fun ones
Yet another couple of fun ones
I heard The Who's "Mobile" on the way home, and thought of a nifty way to use it. While the song is playing, it has 2 major effects:
1) Doug cannot stop moving - he can control it to a greater degree, but he will always have at least a really bad case of the Jitters. Nothing will be able to restrain him or hold him down, and he is partially exempt from the 1st Law of Newtonian Mechanics. That is, "A body in motion stays in motion." If he chooses, he can go right through things - of course, it will probably hurt... [Image: smile.gif]
2) Security systems, audit trails, cops, revenue collectors, and the like simply don't see him (or his activities). SO he could hack through a system, and they would know stuff happenned after the fact, but during it they would be oblivious to it.
A second song that I thought up for no apparent reason is "Here's Your Sign", by Travis Tritt with Bill Engvall. The net effect of the song is that Doug can pull out Bugs Bunny style signs with anything he wants on them, in any size up to around that of a billboard, and then put them back into nowhere. The only caveat is that during the song he can't speak...
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Re: Yet another couple of fun ones
Quote:
I heard The Who's "Mobile" on the way home, and thought of a nifty way to use it.
Actually, "Mobile" is a failed Gate song from early in the story... but maybe in the game some time...
Quote:
A second song that I thought up for no apparent reason is "Here's Your Sign", by Travis Tritt with Bill Engvall. The net effect of the song is that Doug can pull out Bugs Bunny style signs with anything he wants on them, in any size up to around that of a billboard, and then put them back into nowhere. The only caveat is that during the song he can't speak...
Huh. I had just thought of using "Signs" by The One-Man Electric Band (I think that was their name) for a similar effect. I'll have to look this one up and give it a listen. Thanks!

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Re: Yet another couple of fun ones
If this is the same one I've got on my computer (it came with a very funny theme) I don't see the B. Engevall version as working as designed, really. The one on my computer is basicly several clips from a comedy routine about stupid people with a sung chorus.
Then again, it might work, just not the way you're thinking of. If we ARE thinking about the same song, The way I think it would work is that people in Doug's area of effect who did something totaly 'non-brilliant' would suddenly find themselves wearing a sign that says "I'M STUPID" in great big letters....
Btw... The Theme, and the song it was based on, can be found at:
www.dmblnd.com/"I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."

-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children