Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
spell song book
Re: A Song I forgot
Ah! I thought of this a while ago - I actually associate it more with Sylia's state of mind during that little post-DW omake I brought up on the list, but...
Die Toten Hosen - Pushed Again: shoves Doug's ability to resist mind control through the roof ("sorry to dissapoint you, my friend")... but it also makes him aggressively antisocial ("why can't you just leave me alone?") and brings what -would- be mental effects out as physical ones ("it's like a band tightening around my head").
Blessed be.
-n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Quote:
This brings to mind a song I remember from a Doctor Demento some years back. The song was about the Richter Scale. Pretty amusing in a scientific sort of way. It goes through listing various quakes of progressively higher magnitudes. The only problem is that I can't remember the name, the words or even very much of the song.
This is probably Richter Scale, by Jay Kent Clark and Eliott Davis.
The only web reference available to it, though, is Bob Kanefsky's parody Kinsey Scale --
And speaking of which, I'd be scared and fascinated to think what Doug could do with some of Kanefsky's parodies...and what the reaction would have been if Threes, Take Three had ever gotten played in Valdemar.
Quote:
Die Toten Hosen - Pushed Again: shoves Doug's ability to resist mind control through the roof ("sorry to dissapoint you, my friend")... but it also makes him aggressively antisocial ("why can't you just leave me alone?") and brings what -would- be mental effects out as physical ones ("it's like a band tightening around my head").
Hmm. Sounds evil and fun. I'll have to put that on the short list.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Quote:
And speaking of which, I'd be scared and fascinated to think what Doug could do with some of Kanefsky's parodies...and what the reaction would have been if Threes, Take Three had ever gotten played in Valdemar.
I haven't heard that yet -- I only have two of the Tapeworm tapes. Time to hit that link, I guess...

-- Bob
---------
Hm. :)
*reads 'Three 3.0'*
Owwwie.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Re: Threes 3
Quote:
Owwwie.
Yeah, really. Ouch.

-- Bob
---------
Blinded By The Light, Bruce Springsteen. Flash/blinding attacks.
are you sure this is the boss? Last 'Blinded by the Light' I heard was by Manfred Mann and his Earth Band, and has much confused lyrics.[Image: kokbanner.jpg]
--- Kokuten Daysleeper, Retired Epicced Officered DorfWire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Quote:
Blinded By The Light, Bruce Springsteen. Flash/blinding attacks.
are you sure this is the boss?
Quite sure. Springsteen wrote the song very early in his career, Manfred Mann recorded the version that's best known, but Springsteen does a longer version with all the lyrics (and pronounced clearly, not that it helps any ). I have MP3s of both versions, and like them both equally, although for different reasons.
You can usually tell where in Springsteen's career he wrote a song by the sound of it -- the earlier it is, the more complex and confusing it is, generally speaking. "Blinded By The Light" is the canonical example of an early Springsteen song, while something like "Glory Days" (even given that it's a decade or so old) is a canonical late Springsteen song.

-- Bob
---------
And all the girlies say I'm pretty dry for a wet guy...
Another Springsteen song that no one actually associates with him is Because the Night, which fact I know because it happens to be one of my all-time favorites.
Blessed be.
-n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Possible Additional Arsenal Songs
"Faster than the Speed of Light" -teleport by Bonnie Tylor
"Theme from the Greatest American Hero" -Flight, self-levitation

"Drive-Theme from Harcastle and Mcormick" - boosts speed of transport"
"I Need a Hero" by Bonnie Tylor - adaptive
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Re: Possible Additional Arsenal Songs
Actually, if I remember correctly, that's "Faster Than The Speed of Night", not "Light". The GAH theme's been suggested, but doesn't have a counterpart from WW, as the show was never made there. And "I Need A Hero" is actually "Holding Out For A Hero", and that's on my short list of "too good not to do something with". I've got some ideas for it, but nothing solid yet.

-- Bob
---------
There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus.